I have an Arsenal stamped Saiga which I like a lot. (even if it does not meet all your fussy cosmetic specs - lol)

So anyway at a recent gun show I saw a milled Saiga and WOW it was fantastic. Makes stamped look toyish. It looked professional, Military, serious and beautifull.

If I were a pround owner of same, I would tell all - save your money and get a real Saiga AK as in MILLED.

That is all.

I agree with all comments.

The artist: It looks beautifull. I guess you will hang it on the wall.

The engineer: It is too damned heavy. I guess you are headed on a 200 mile forced march?

The economist: It is too expensive. I guess you have no job.

This is fun.

But after 10,000 rounds during the coming revolution your rivets are gonna lossen up. LOL.

(this might even be better than the 90 degree gas block discussion)

I agree with all comments.

The artist: It looks beautifull. I guess you will hang it on the wall.

The engineer: It is too damned heavy. I guess you are headed on a 200 mile forced march?

The economist: It is too expensive. I guess you have no job.

This is fun.

But after 10,000 rounds during the coming revolution your rivets are gonna lossen up. LOL.

(this might even be better than the 90 degree gas block discussion)

you will run out of 7.52x39 before any rivets loosen up..

So anyway at a recent gun show I saw a milled Saiga and WOW it was fantastic. Makes stamped look toyish. It looked professional, Military, serious and beautifull.

If I were a pround owner of same, I would tell all - save your money and get a real Saiga AK as in MILLED.

It looks "military" LOL

You do know that milled receivers were initially used because the Soviets did not have metal stamping machinery yet? Once they got their hands on and reverse engineered German stamping equipment after WW2, they went to stamped. Stamped actually makes a lot more sense for military application as it is cheaper and faster to produce. Other great examples include the grease guns, Uzi, MACs, etc.

I'm not sure what you mean by "rivets loosening up during the revolution" perhaps you have been watching too many TV shows. Where do you get this bs from? Can you show me where someone has had their "rivets loosen up" and it wasn't some idiot screwing up a home build? If you fire 10,000 rounds during a "revolution" and don't have yourself a few new guns anyway you're not a very good "revolutionary" anyway.

Here's a few stamped AK taken from Somali pirates a couple years ago. Fully functional. I assure you, this Islamic militant put his AK through a lot more than you ever will.

If you liked Milled better due to looks or what not, go for it. But don't make yourself look like a tool sitting in your computer chair talking garbage about the most reliable and abundant weapon of the 20th century because you "feel" a certain way.

AK-47-rifles-used-by-Somali-pirates-which-the-South-Korean-navy-captured-in-Arabian-sea.jpg

lol raj one of those AKs is milled in your first pic. A type 2 which dates between 1949-1953 and predates all the other rifles in your pics.

Also a little historical bit, they did have the stamping machinery except they couldnt get the recievers to not warp in production. The type 1 was stamped.

But I agree, no real advantage to milled other than a novelty. They are in theory stronger should you decide to take a sledgehammer to it, but rivets wont do any loosening up if done right nor will the rifle wear out faster.

I do prefer milled though, and like ted, I cant tell the diference in weight between my milled & stamped rifles.

If you like it, buy it. I love my T3 milled.

23206211.jpg

Here, go to Sierra Leone and tell this kid his rifle "isn't professional and military" I'm sure he would to know the expert opinion of an armchair commando such as yourself OP

small-lib.jpg

Are you normally a dick or just play one from your own armchair? The guy thought milled aks were cool. Maybe he doesn't know everything about guns yet? None of us do. Lay off the guy, damn.

Wow and Geez. Some of you are too much. Somebody says 'good day' to you and your panties are in a twist. Lighten up. Take some drugs, vodka or lots of both at the same time. Call me in the morning.

The loose rivet deal - anybody know what 'LOL' means??? Look it up, eh. Can you tell a joke from a bear? Plenty of joke posters here. LOLOLOL HAHAHAHA Get it? I know what it is - you cannot read and therefore cannot spell "LOL"! LOLOLOOL HAHAHAH.

I always say "Facebook is a joke and I am here for the laughs." Similarly, "NJGF is a joke and I am here for the laughs."

This really IS fun. BTW (now that is BY THE WAY for those educated, sorry, schooled, in Camden) thanks for the several worth while posts.

I shall NEVER speak milled again. It is a sin. Eleventh Commandoment. But I do like pink AK's. With silver bullets. And a silk sling. They do NOT look military which is an advantage in the hood.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA