liquidskin

FL CCW Application delivered.. Start the clock!

Why both Fl & Utah?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From that chart posted it adds Florida Wisconsin and minnesota

from my understanding there is from time to time ...changes/revisions in reciprocity and in my case its not about collecting as many states as possible its more to overlap the states i travel/work in regularly ....i wouldnt think they would send out letters of reciprocity changes and the responsibility would be mine to check ...daily?...another couple hundred in license fees to me is worth it to help keep me on the outside of a cell..lol

Just to chime in with my personal experience...

I mailed in my completed packet in early October. They received it on October 3rd and my check was cashed October 9th.

All my paperwork was correct and I have not since received any letter that says there was an issue.

As of last Friday (Nov 30) the automated system says my app has been received and is being processed, and to allow 6-8 weeks for completion.

So as of tomorrow (Monday Dec 3) it will have been with them for 2 full months or 8 weeks.

My friend handed his in about 4 business days before mine and hasn't recieved his either.

So obviously, and probably due to the election they have been getting slammed with permits and I really hope mine arrives soon.

i really dont care when i get it. as i have no use for it. and actually Sandy was my excuse for getting it. my wife hated that we had to leave the stuff unattended in our house. so i told her "if i get a florida permit, and we have to leave NJ for the next storm, we can bring our stuff to PA with us and not leave it at home." (something like that) she said SOLD.. go get it!!!

im just really nervous i'll get denied. then i think, this is florida, not NJ. so im sure it will go through.

Just to chime in with my personal experience...

I mailed in my completed packet in early October. They received it on October 3rd and my check was cashed October 9th.

All my paperwork was correct and I have not since received any letter that says there was an issue.

As of last Friday (Nov 30) the automated system says my app has been received and is being processed, and to allow 6-8 weeks for completion.

So as of tomorrow (Monday Dec 3) it will have been with them for 2 full months or 8 weeks.

My friend handed his in about 4 business days before mine and hasn't recieved his either.

So obviously, and probably due to the election they have been getting slammed with permits and I really hope mine arrives soon.

So good to hear I should expect the full 8+ weeks. Keep us updated. I'm interested in knowing

Mailed my application/fingerprints, etc (all processed through GunForHire in Belleville, NJ) on Sept 18, check was cashed soon after...and I'm still waiting, 11 weeks later.

I called the number that you use to track your progress and ended up getting a live person on the line, and she was very nice...pulled my application, looked through it and said everything seemed in order (even though it hadn't been "looked at" yet on an official level).

She said they're just very backed up and that I should probably see it by the end of December. So we're basically looking at a 14 - 15 week turnaround.

It's frustrating, but at least I no longer get pissed off after the mail comes every day. Hang in there everyone!

Mailed my application/fingerprints, etc (all processed through GunForHire in Belleville, NJ) on Sept 18, check was cashed soon after...and I'm still waiting, 11 weeks later.

Florida CCW license arrived in the mail on Christmas Eve...so, a nice little Xmas present for myself, even after waiting 13 weeks.

Hang in there everyone...and happy new year!

So I would love to get excited about this and get on board with you guys but I am still not getting it. So you received your Florida permit, Ok good. So what. Are we going to pack up the guns, and you are still transporting in NJ to get to PA so you need to lock them up and make sure they are unloaded, travel to PA, pull over to the side of the road, put on a holster, load the gun and then what? Drive around PA for a few hours carrying? Then we can stop at the PA border, unload the gun and lock it back up for the drive home in NJ. Wouldn't you rather just go to a range or a competition and shoot? Even if the federal government passes reciprocity, which is not likely at least not now, NJ will never allow it. Remember, the state can pass any law they wish which trumps the federal laws if the law is more restrictive.

Oh and by the way, looks like your FL permits are useless in PA, at least that what is being reported. It seems that PA is not accepting FL permits anymore.

I might do it anyway, but I am not sure why.

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. The law appears to require PA residents with a FLA CCW to reapply. It does not mention anywhere that FLA CCWs belonging to residents of other states would not be honored.

*Edit* - Looks like I need to learn how to read. TheLugNutZ link is clearer than what I originally saw.

I posted a thread a year or so ago about the legallity of just transporting to the border.. It seems to still be up for debate.

It is legal. As stated, "Under The Firearms Owners Protection act, U.S.C. 18 962A, State law is preempted and a person not otherwise prohibited by Federal law may "lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or directly accessible from the passenger compartment...." And so on.

So essentially, if PA did in fact still allow FL permits and you had one, you could legally transport the firearm to PA where you "may lawfully possess and carry such firearm".

Unfortunately it's not an option any longer. Reading the PA law it's quite clear as "TheLugNutZ" states, you now need to be a Florida resident. Count on this type of thing happening with all states that recognize reciprocity. What you can do however is apply for a carry permit in PA. Some counties allow non-resident carry permits. But it really only matters if you spend a great deal of time in PA and for some reason you travel in some bad areas.

Count on this type of thing happening with all states that recognize reciprocity.

Why?  Most states have some reciprocity and only a handful have this requirement.

What you can do however is apply for a carry permit in PA. Some counties allow non-resident carry permits.

If you live in jersey,  you need a jersey carry permit to apply for a PA carry permit.  So, no.

But it really only matters if you spend a great deal of time in PA and for some reason you travel in some bad areas.

</p>

I should only carry if I travel in bad areas?  I don't think I'm taking that advice.

Why? Most states have some reciprocity and only a handful have this requirement.

If you live in jersey, you need a jersey carry permit to apply for a PA carry permit. So, no.

</p>

I should only carry if I travel in bad areas? I don't think I'm taking that advice.

Perhaps you are right, other states will not follow suit, just my opinion.

I agree about PA however my wife's ex-husband lives in NJ and has a PA carry permit and does not have a NJ carry permit. I would love to know how that happened.

"I should only carry if I travel in bad areas? I don't think I'm taking that advice."

I am not offering you advice, I am stating my opinion. I wish to have a carry permit and want the laws to change because I believe it is my constitutional right. Now I go to PA often but I guess not often enough. The fact is I spend 95% of my day not even thinking about carrying a firearm and not needing one. I would like for my wife to be able to carry one however.