Sign in to follow this  
vladtepes

flawless MSA mag adapter..

gun is sold pending funds but wanted to get the buyer a video to show function prior to putting out the money.. so snapped a quick video of the MSA adapter working..

was not attempting to shoot with good form.. or rapidly reload.. was just going through the paces with the gun to show that it functions..

Those long mags only hold 4 and 15 rounds? What a waste.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't understand the allure of big ass 15 round magazines.

Or why Clintoon is about to go down on vlad. Masterpiece? lol dude it's a Saiga conversion. Can you not turn an allen key? Change two screws for the AR-style stock?

I was thinking the same thing. I don't understand the allure of big ass 15 round magazines.

Or why Clintoon is about to go down on vlad. Masterpiece? lol dude it's a Saiga conversion. Can you not turn an allen key? Change two screws for the AR-style stock?

what the hell man why are so negative in most of your posts? I have been on other sites where keyboard tough guys argue all the time maby you would like it better on one of them. I came because this site dose not have all the bickering and I for one would like to keep it that way.

first..

its not a 15 round magazine... I was demonstrating function since the gun is for sale.. no need to blow endless amounts of ammo to do so..

second..

you have no idea WTF you are talking about.. getting a saiga to take AR mags reliably requires cutting the magwell and trunion... it is NOT a bolt on conversion..

but its ok.. keep talking and illustrating how little you know..

Oh boy, vladtepes, surely you are a true master of your craft. You are the only guy who can use a dremel and read some sticky threads I bet.

I'm sorry, but if you really think you're something special because of converting Saigas, I don't know what's funnier, you or the people that think you're special.

^^ for some reason this guy doesnt understand the fact that its not all that simple. Feeding issues mags getting stuck and a lot of other issues can occur with this adapter if your not good with a dremel and have the patience to do it slowly. Raj... if you dont like it and think its over rated good for you. But vlad has gained the respect of many on this forum and has spent a lot of timd helping people. So take a deep breath and think beforw insulting people.

Oh boy, vladtepes, surely you are a true master of your craft. You are the only guy who can use a dremel and read some sticky threads I bet.

I'm sorry, but if you really think you're something special because of converting Saigas, I don't know what's funnier, you or the people that think you're special.

you obviously are running a little low on attention... hopefully you participating in my thread (which has nothing to do with you) has gained you a little social interaction.. now that you are good to go on that you can go run along and troll some other thread and talk about some more shit you know nothing about...

there is no simple template to get it to work.. the magwell has to be cut in a pretty specific way to get the angle of the mag right.. I find conversions easy.. and I agree with you.. but getting the magwell to work correctly is not a quick bolt on setup.. the chamber also had to be smoothed out to get it to be reliable..

but I am sure you know that all already.. since you obviously read some stickies somewhere.. and that makes you a pretty knowledgeable guy when it comes to guns.....

Like I said, perhaps installing a magazine adapter is impressive to a guy who sits behind a desk 40 hours a week. But for men who work in skilled trades, with tools, who have been building, wiring, welding, assembling, disassembling shit for 10 years, installing a magazine well is not a big deal. I'm sorry, it's really not.You know what's a pain in the ass, adjusting and pre loading pinion lash on a differential. I know you feel proud of your accomplishment and that's great for you, but it's kind of funny watching people worship you over a project that requires a dremel and a couple hand tools sitting at a table. Come on now. You and I both know it's really not that hard.

Like I said, perhaps installing a magazine adapter is impressive to a guy who sits behind a desk 40 hours a week. But for men who work in skilled trades, with tools, who have been building, wiring, welding, assembling, disassembling shit for 10 years, installing a magazine well is not a big deal. I'm sorry, it's really not.You know what's a pain in the ass, adjusting and pre loading pinion lash on a differential. I know you feel proud of your accomplishment and that's great for you, but it's kind of funny watching people worship you over a project that requires a dremel and a couple hand tools sitting at a table. Come on now. You and I both know it's really not that hard.

Who pissed in your cheerios?

The vast majority of the people would not attempt anything like that, and far above and beyond what most are capable of. Anthony has taken time to know and work on the Saiga's, I am impressed, and has over time become the resident expert on them.

Maybe you are a master gunsmith working for whomever, and you have a CNC machine where you can make anything, but then you should know that not everyone does it. So you might possess the skills to do it yourself, it does not make you look any better in front of everyone else here who would not typically attempt a project like that.

We all have our niches. We were all beginners at something, at some point. This forum is about sharing ideas and knowledge. If it is not up to your level, please don't let the door hit you in your butt.

It is all relative.... Some people might think rebuilding a trans is hard... Others who have done it for year can do it drunk and blindfolded...

The reason getting the mag adapter to run right is a pain in the balls is because if anything is wrong the nose of the round will not ride into the chamber... It all just has to be perfect... Install... Remove... Adjust... Check... Over and over until its right.... Maybe not impressive to you... But far more touchy than any AR "build" or the average AK setup..

Sorry to see it go… As you may remember I did my s223 the same week. I’m currently waiting for phase 2, the BASTARD. Off topic but thanks for the tip one the SSA Geissele AR trigger a few weeks back. Today was the maiden voyage for it. What a difference from the original M&P 15 trigger. I know you had the higher end Geissele but the SSA works great for me, I was very impressed with the results. For me that two stage action is much more natural than what I had in the original. Nothing new to get accustomed to, pull up play and bang right where you aim it...

Sorry to see it go… As you may remember I did my s223 the same week. I’m currently waiting for phase 2, the BASTARD. Off topic but thanks for the tip one the SSA Geissele AR trigger a few weeks back. Today was the maiden voyage for it. What a difference from the original M&P 15 trigger. I know you had the higher end Geissele but the SSA works great for me, I was very impressed with the results. For me that two stage action is much more natural than what I had in the original. Nothing new to get accustomed to, pull up play and bang right where you aim it...

yup.. gun ran well... it was shipped last week and the purchaser probably already has it, or will see it really soon..