scarecrow

New 1911

Blueline you say that in every post. shut up and shoot

I wish. So much shit going on between work and home. I have no time to shoot. I have to make a day Monday or Tuesday. Im off and need stress relief from ethos past week. A day at OB outdoor can cure that

Careful there!

If BLF gets everything he's got out to shoot, we'll be waiting 4+ hours in line for ammo instead of fuel from a shortage!

well i cant make my own gas but at least i do reload, for this i am prepared for.

Update, range report...

Gun condition, out of the box just wiped off excess oil. Ammo, 100 rounds of reloads with 230gr cooper plated ball, 5grs. Bullseye. Target distance 10yrds. Instructions with gun clearly state that it’s built to tight tolerances and may take 500 rounds to break in. And that it will work best with 230 gr. Ball ammo.

Feed and ejection ZERO malfunctions. Factory magazine, ZERO malfunctions. 2 Chip McCormick magazines. At first they were disengaging in mag well but after about 60 rounds they were fine. May be break-in issue or operator error. Tiny military sights shoot low but windage is fine. For what it’s worth it’s not uncommon for these guns to shoot low with the basic sights. Trigger, well it seems nice to me but to be honest I would not know a good 1911 trigger from a bad one.

Bottom line, I love it. Nothing else feels & shoots like a 1911. Can live with sights for now, easy enough to upgrade when I’m ready. Will update as I put more ammo through it.

Bottom line, I love it. Nothing else feels & shoots like a 1911. Can live with sights for now, easy enough to upgrade when I’m ready. Will update as I put more ammo through it.

That's what I said until I bought my first .45 acp revolver! ;)

Update, range report...

Gun condition, out of the box just wiped off excess oil. Ammo, 100 rounds of reloads with 230gr cooper plated ball, 5grs. Bullseye. Target distance 10yrds. Instructions with gun clearly state that it’s built to tight tolerances and may take 500 rounds to break in. And that it will work best with 230 gr. Ball ammo.

Feed and ejection ZERO malfunctions. Factory magazine, ZERO malfunctions. 2 Chip McCormick magazines. At first they were disengaging in mag well but after about 60 rounds they were fine. May be break-in issue or operator error. Tiny military sights shoot low but windage is fine. For what it’s worth it’s not uncommon for these guns to shoot low with the basic sights. Trigger, well it seems nice to me but to be honest I would not know a good 1911 trigger from a bad one.

Nice review..were you able to get it local or ordered it?

I wish. So much shit going on between work and home. I have no time to shoot. I have to make a day Monday or Tuesday. Im off and need stress relief from ethos past week. A day at OB outdoor can cure that

Joe, I'm off on Sunday-Tuesday most weeks, covering some vacation time this week and I have 2 cruises coming up mid month in December, but give me a holler when you might want to get together and shoot at the OD range, I have Steel and IPSC stands and all that we would need to set up a stage of steel or maybe some USPSA classifiers..

Joe, I'm off on Sunday-Tuesday most weeks, covering some vacation time this week and I have 2 cruises coming up mid month in December, but give me a holler when you might want to get together and shoot at the OD range, I have Steel and IPSC stands and all that we would need to set up a stage of steel or maybe some USPSA classifiers..

I will be in touch. Really need a range day soon.

500 Round Report

Most important thing is ZERO malfunctions. Factory Act magazine and the two additional Act magazines I got from CDNN work perfectly. I added a Hogue grip and filed down the front sight a little. I may at some point send the slide out to Novak for better sights but have had no problem adjusting to the factory military setup. Just for giggles I ran 50 rounds of unknown weight flat point reloads that someone gave me years ago. Ate them all

I guess the next test will be to see how long the recoil and main spring last before needing replacement.

For now though all I can say it that I love this gun. So much so that on my next round of permits I think I will get another one but in 38 Super.