SL8R

Hello from Keyport

Hello all,

New to the forum and the area, but not NJ. Been living in Keyport now since September, just finished getting printed today for my FID. Going to check and see if I can drop off the paperwork tomorrow, but I'm not sure if they'll take it, I think I might have to wait for Thursday. Would appreciate any info from people in the area about how long it takes for it all to go through, as I actually purchased my first gun yesterday (a Ruger GP100) and would love to take it home as soon as possible. I'm a member at Shore Shot for the last year and its the only range I've been to. If anyone has any pointers I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Welcome from Aberdeen. My zip is actually aberdeen and Keyport, but Iuse the Aberdeen police station near the train station. Every time I've gone for a pemit is has been exactly 1 month. The detectives in Aberdeenhave always been helpful and friendly. .. BTW have you seen all the boats washed up in frontof the Blue Rock ?

Welcome from Aberdeen. My zip is actually aberdeen and Keyport, but Iuse the Aberdeen police station near the train station. Every time I've gone for a pemit is has been exactly 1 month. The detectives in Aberdeenhave always been helpful and friendly. .. BTW have you seen all the boats washed up in frontof the Blue Rock ?

Thanks for the welcome. I went and turned in the fingerprint receipt today at the Keyport police station, they told me I have to wait and one of the detectives will get in touch with me for an interview. It's not exactly a priority after all the storm damage, so who knows how long it will take. I haven't been over by the Blue Rock yet, but I did go over by the fishery and Ye Cottage Inn. Ye Cottage Inn is completely wrecked. It's sad, I took my wife there for her birthday two weeks ago.

blksheep: We were very fortunate and didn't have any real damage where I live, I'm on the other side of Rt. 36. The waterfront area wasn't as lucky. Union Beach got hit very bad as I'm sure you saw. The only problem we had was power being out, like just about everyone else. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of work were you doing in UB?

hd2000fxdl: How do you like OBRPC? Have you been to CJRPC as well? I'm still waiting on my FID to come in, have already purchased a GP100, but am thinking about a shotgun as well and I'm thinking I'd need a range that is suitable for both. I don't recall ever seeing someone with one at Shore Shot. I'm sure I'll want a rifle at some point too, but I've only really shot pistols so I don't even know what I'd be looking for in a club.

Welcome to the forums, and sorry to hear Keyport took such a hit. It's one of our favorite places to go fishing, drinking and eating. I'm afraid to ask, being as how it is right across the street from the Cottage Inn, but did the Keyport Fishery survive Sandy?

Welcome to the forums, and sorry to hear Keyport took such a hit. It's one of our favorite places to go fishing, drinking and eating. I'm afraid to ask, being as how it is right across the street from the Cottage Inn, but did the Keyport Fishery survive Sandy?

I saw a sign today saying the Fishery was back open. It didn't look too bad even though it's right across the street.

We took a ride down south today and stopped in Keyport on the way back. The Fishery is indeed open again, and kudos to them for overcoming yet the latest bit of adversity to hit them in the last five years or so. Unfortunately, Mike's Subs is no longer. It must've been demolished within the last couple of weeks since we were last there.

The Fisherman's Pier took some hits, but should be okay for spring/summer, according to a local I spoke with, but the wooden boardwalk to the left is pretty much history. Boats that were tossed around and out of Pederson's Marina are still by the side of the road, and most of the marinas in the area suffered heavy damage.

I wish nothing but the best to you and the rest of the folks in Keyport as you come back from this disaster.

Scott in Bayonne

I haven't talked to the detective yet, the clerk confirmed they have all my paperwork/references/prints back and said they are just waiting for a paper from the state. We'll see. I'm only about 50 days into my wait so I'm sure they'll tell me there's nothing they can do yet. Congrats on getting yours today.

That's good, I hope u don't have to wait as long as I did. It seams like after I went to the pd the other day, they typed up my ID and permits ASAP. I never got mad, at least when talking to them. Just wait as paitently as u can, and check in with them once and a while.

Unfortunately it is too close to Xmas and I will not be getting anything until the new year. Now I have to wait on myself to buy something.

Good luck Brotha

Thanks man, that's what I'll do. I figure I'll keep calling every two weeks until I hear something good. I've been mentally prepared to wait until the end of January, I hope it doesn't go longer than that. Worst part is, I already have a purchased gun sitting in a safe at the shop so its only a matter of getting the paperwork so I can go pick it up.

I shoot at both OB and CJRPC and am a member of OB being its 10 minutes from my house. You really can't go wrong with either but I would join the one that your closet to.

Like I have said before, if I lived between the 2 I would be a member of both. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk