mattio41

Bug Out Bag - Tools

Apparently, I did not finish my post. Fill up a few 3 oz airport bottles with Bacardi 151 or everclair to use as bartering tools to pack, and yes cigarettes. The other thing was to pack a bag of "Jolly Rancher" candies. Good for bartering and starting conversations, also helps with keeping your thirst down if on the march..

For some reason I seem to get lots of booze for gifts. I really don't drink anything other then the occasional Guinness or red wine. All that booze is stashed away and will be liquid gold as will be all the reloaded ammo I started to amass.

For some reason I seem to get lots of booze for gifts. I really don't drink anything other then the occasional Guinness or red wine. All that booze is stashed away and will be liquid gold as will be all the reloaded ammo I started to amass.

Note to self!!! Find out where Wojo lives and draw direct route to liquor cabinet!! Bring something to barter with !!! =)

Imagine a mass bug out. I would think it would be better to stay at home for a few days and wait until traffic is gone. Easier to defend and score additional supplies in an area you know.

Exactly my train of thought

If you use an AR type rifle check out the Multitasker tool:

My GF got me the Leatherman version.. the MUT. Says it's specifically for the AR platform... but I actually find it a little more versatile than my LM Wave and find myself using it more often than the Wave too. (Could just be that it's new and cool to me... but still.)

I actually have a Gerber folding shovel and a standard GI one too. Gerber's offering isn't terrible for a "small" shovel and it's nice and cheap... but a good surplus GI shovel is great to have. The Gerber's "hammer" is actually nice and handy. It's got a decent sized face and it's sure heavy enough.

And a prybar of some kind. (I usually have a few, in different sizes. Though I will be looking into that hammer/prybar thingy a few posts back. That looks like a pretty good Zombie head smashing tool.

Exactly my train of thought

Imagine how bad it would be for that. One thing to remember, if it ever got that bad, people in the inner cities like Newark will not bug out because they cant, they will slowly seep into the surrounding suburbs looking for food/supplies. This will become a very dangerous place. Worse then Katrina and utterly lawless. I like going it alone, but I would love a local friend with a similar gun collection, that I could share guard duty/supply runs with.

Imagine how bad it would be for that. One thing to remember, if it ever got that bad, people in the inner cities like Newark will not bug out because they cant, they will slowly seep into the surrounding suburbs looking for food/supplies. This will become a very dangerous place. Worse then Katrina and utterly lawless. I like going it alone, but I would love a local friend with a similar gun collection, that I could share guard duty/supply runs with.

Well I live a good 30-45 minutes driving from a large city like Newark, so my thought is everyone in my suburban town will leave with only a few left behind. Probably be able to keep watch on my place on my own for a week or two till I have to pack everything up in the SUV and go.. But hopefully this never happens in my lifetime!

so, I was sharpening my axes last night to split some firewood down, and realized, that this would be a good addition. Could serve to help keep your equipment sharp, as well as to help manufacture make shift weapons.

843744000857lg.jpg

Not going to give you a razors edge, but it will definitely help...