RoxyTJ

E-mail address for Jackson Chief of Police, anyone?

So I submitted my application for an FID and pistol permit to Jackson in early October. I have been keeping in touch with Jackson the entire time to make sure everything is in order and that this process moves smoothly. (Since Jackson botched up my Reference letters from the very beginning of this process, I figured I should keep tabs on this.) Even though my application has only been in since October, I know of a guy who submitted a change of address EIGHT months ago and he is still waiting!! That is just ridiculous! So today I called Captain Wagner and spoke to him. He said it would be at least another FOUR months before he could get to my application!!! When I told him that was not acceptable and mentioned the Statute of 30 days, he responded that the Statute needs to be changed at that the entire State is at least 4 months behind. Again, I told him that was not acceptable and that I would have to take the next step. Again more excuses - not his only job, Hurricaine Sandy, over 100 applications, etc. I do not want to be waiting over eight months for my legal rights!!!

So now I would like to send E-mails to Mayor Reina and the Chief of Police, Kunz. I have Reina's E-mail address. Does anyone have Chief Kunz' E-mail? If I have to call the Township again, I think I'll go crazy! Thanks.

Linda

Linda:

Good on you for pursuing this, but don't lean to heavily on the statutory 30 days. There is case law that says that 30 day clock does not start ticking untill all investigatory material is in hand. With no way to know when that actually occurs, you are SOL by claiming the 30 day time frame.

Continue with what you are doing - keep going up the ladder with your elected officials. IIRC, Jackson was more than slow well before Sandy. Contact NJ2AS and keep them informed (they probably can't do anything with your specific case, but you will be giving them ammunition for down the road).

Good luck with your quest.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I just found out I have a friend and his app for the FID has been in since March and he hasn't heard a thing.I have pistol permits in since Sept and I wasn't gonna call until the new year. I have had good luck with contacting the mayor he is pro gun!!

Yeah i waited 8 months for FID and 2 PP last year so Sandy is a Crock as an excuse. Wagner is just very slow i dont know why they are so slow. I did write the chief last year after about 6 months and he said it would be done within the week and then wagner wrote back that it would be at least 4 more weeks. There is some disconeect between the cheif and wagner. Good luck. Reminds me i need to go put in for more pistol permits

You should gather as a group and pursue this. You will have more success. As usual stay polite and all that but there is strength in numbers.

I agree. There seem to be quite a good number of Jackson residents here on the forum. A coordinated effort/joint email to the Mayor and Police Chief seems like it might get more positive attention than just one.

You could also try your state assemblymen.

Yet another reason to go to straight NICS. Don't our police officers have better things to do than shuffle papers - like fight crime?

So I submitted my application for an FID and pistol permit to Jackson in early October. I have been keeping in touch with Jackson the entire time to make sure everything is in order and that this process moves smoothly. (Since Jackson botched up my Reference letters from the very beginning of this process, I figured I should keep tabs on this.) Even though my application has only been in since October, I know of a guy who submitted a change of address EIGHT months ago and he is still waiting!! That is just ridiculous! So today I called Captain Wagner and spoke to him. He said it would be at least another FOUR months before he could get to my application!!! When I told him that was not acceptable and mentioned the Statute of 30 days, he responded that the Statute needs to be changed at that the entire State is at least 4 months behind. Again, I told him that was not acceptable and that I would have to take the next step. Again more excuses - not his only job, Hurricaine Sandy, over 100 applications, etc. I do not want to be waiting over eight months for my legal rights!!!

So now I would like to send E-mails to Mayor Reina and the Chief of Police, Kunz. I have Reina's E-mail address. Does anyone have Chief Kunz' E-mail? If I have to call the Township again, I think I'll go crazy! Thanks.

Linda

Good luck my dad applied in april. Emailed chief and mayor got a response saying they will look into it 4 months ago. Sucks dude he is about to contract njsp due to this non sense. Only break I would guve them if 2 weeks for sandy then the snow they had everyone out of the office and on the road.

Yeah i waited 8 months for FID and 2 PP last year so Sandy is a Crock as an excuse. Wagner is just very slow i dont know why they are so slow. I did write the chief last year after about 6 months and he said it would be done within the week and then wagner wrote back that it would be at least 4 more weeks. There is some disconeect between the cheif and wagner. Good luck. Reminds me i need to go put in for more pistol permits

how is the sandy excuse a crock of shit? Im not giving them an excuse but every officer and superior officer was there for 16 hours a day with only a dispatcher in the office. No other desk jockeys. They had no power either that tgeybcould spare to do a fid when people had trees on there houses and downed electrical line and exploding transformers. So yeah eat 2 weeks for sandy then the snow storm. If your so ignorant to think your fid is more important than public safety ur a grinch. Bah humbug

how is the sandy excuse a crock of shit? Im not giving them an excuse but every officer and superior officer was there for 16 hours a day with only a dispatcher in the office. No other desk jockeys. They had no power either that tgeybcould spare to do a fid when people had trees on there houses and downed electrical line and exploding transformers. So yeah eat 2 weeks for sandy then the snow storm. If your so ignorant to think your fid is more important than public safety ur a grinch. Bah humbug

Sorry Cig that might have come off wrong. I did not mean to say they werent going above and beyond when Sandy hit. What i did mean more in the context is this problem existed way before Sandy and it will exsist way after Sandy. I give the police much credit for what they did durong the storm and want to take nothing away fomr the jobs they do every day. It is just please dont say that the storm is a reason for an 8 MONTH backup on FID and PP. That is what i meant when i said it was a crock. Hope i made myself more clear

Sorry Cig that might have come off wrong. I did not mean to say they werent going above and beyond when Sandy hit. What i did mean more in the context is this problem existed way before Sandy and it will exsist way after Sandy. I give the police much credit for what they did durong the storm and want to take nothing away fomr the jobs they do every day. It is just please dont say that the storm is a reason for an 8 MONTH backup on FID and PP. That is what i meant when i said it was a crock. Hope i made myself more clear

Gotcha. But from what I heard is they got over 1000 applications since the break ins started. You would think they would bring on a detective to help but they haven't. Good luck everyone I couldnt get anywhere with them at all.

I don't think he was downplaying the fact that officers had to work a lot during sandy to ensure safety, I think what he meant was that the PD took even longer when there was no hurricane to deal with, so them saying that there is a delay because of the hurricane isn't factual because they would have taken that long either way.

The Chief's email address used to be on the Jackson PD website, but you can probably figure it out from Wagner's if you have it. I havne't looked in awhile. They may have admin people looking at their email before they get to it anyway. I did email them both, last Nov, when things were taking a bit long, and they took about 2 more weeks after that, so maybe my whining helped. It was for 3 P2P at the time. Shortly after that, I had heard that wait times went up a LOT. There were numerous retirements & promotions and new hires around that time. The JPD is still at a lower staffing level than 5-10 years ago. You all may remember the vote on the muni budget last year and the game of chicken the Mayor and the Biz Mgr played with the twp employees. The budget seems to be sorted out so far, but the JPD will probably use the lack of staff excuse, and of course the fact that they are getting more FPID apps and P2P apps now. as opposed to say 5-10 years ago, or even last year before all the druggie breakins happened. Squeaky wheels get the grease, you gotta get ahold of them and see if you can schedule a meeting. OTOH, Ron Dancer is the district Assemblyman (and ex mayor/curr Biz Mgr/Boss of Plumsted). He goes to the CJ legislative day and helped the club with the Pinelands commission. So he may be someone to contact to try & get these things resolved, as he is 2A friendly. Maybe a campaign contribution wouldn't hurt either. If someone/thing gets real ambitious and has a lot of free time (NOT ME!) then all these delays and resource limitations--if documented--may make a case that some politicians in the state may listen to to abolish this antiquated paper system

Thank you everyone. I sent an E-mail to both Mayor Reina and Chief Kunz. Mayor Reina called me this evening and I feel that our conversation went well. Now I have to give Chief a chance to respond and take things from there. I do understand the situation with Hurricaine Sandy and the snow storm as I was battling the downed trees, branches, and electric wires myself. But I just don't want my FID card and P2P to sit in some office for the next 4 - how ever many months waiting to be approved. That is just unacceptable to me.

Thank you everyone. I sent an E-mail to both Mayor Reina and Chief Kunz. Mayor Reina called me this evening and I feel that our conversation went well. Now I have to give Chief a chance to respond and take things from there. I do understand the situation with Hurricaine Sandy and the snow storm as I was battling the downed trees, branches, and electric wires myself. But I just don't want my FID card and P2P to sit in some office for the next 4 - how ever many months waiting to be approved. That is just unacceptable to me.

Can you ask why they are limiting hangun permits to 3?

Damn too late.. I was going to suggest you add this link to your email to the Chief :)

D037c.gif

Either way..bravo on the dedication and good luck.

That is too funny!!!! Now I have to clean up the coffee I just spit all over my keyboard and monitor. LOL!!!!