O-gre

Glock

Now that I own a Sig, H&K & a Glock I have come to a final conclusion. If you need a gun buy a Glock. If you want a gun you buy something else. Maybe I'm crazy but I just don't understand why 1911's are so popular when you can buy a G21 that holds 13 rounds and goes bang every time no matter what you feed it.

It's hokey, but I remember the saying "You show 1911's to your friends. You show Glocks to your enemies." I want something boringly reliable to be the gun I trust. For my handguns, that is a Glock 19 and a S&W Model 28-2. For long guns, it's a Remington 870 police model.

GLOCK 19 might be the best all around gun ever made.

I have a 19, 26, 34, 22 and 23. 19 is by far my favorite.

I wish the 19 were a bit heavier to improve followup shots. But then I am used to the weight of a CZ85.

GLOCK 19 might be the best all around gun ever made.

I have a 19, 26, 34, 22 and 23. 19 is by far my favorite.

Same here. I have a 19, 22, and 30. I love my 19. It sleeps next to me at night.

I have a kimber 1911 and like that one too. I never had a hiccup with it, always went bang, but I trust the simplicity of the glock.

I love my 1911's, BHP and S&W wheel guns.

My personal defense guns are GLOCKs.

I have shot a few revolvers and cannot hit a 4" target at 10 yards but I can put all 15 rounds of the Glock through that 4" square. Ergo, Glock's are my weapon of choice.

It's hokey, but I remember the saying "You show 1911's to your friends. You show Glocks to your enemies." I want something boringly reliable to be the gun I trust. For my handguns, that is a Glock 19 and a S&W Model 28-2. For long guns, it's a Remington 870 police model.

Nice saying...

I wish the 19 were a bit heavier to improve followup shots. But then I am used to the weight of a CZ85.

I was able to improve the follow-up shots with practice and only releasing enough trigger for it to reset in-between shots.

I noticed the consensus is that the 19 is the "best" Glock. Why not the 17? It's not like we can carry anyway.

Unless you pin the mag or chop the grip to accept G19 mags, the G17 is limited to 10 rounders in NJ because its standard cap mag holds 17 rounds.

Unless you pin the mag or chop the grip to accept G19 mags, the G17 is limited to 10 rounders in NJ because its standard cap mag holds 17 rounds.

That's what made the 21sf so attractive to me. 13+1 rounds of heavy .45 at my disposal. Love the simplicity of the guns as well.

My father's department was basically the first / one of the first anyway in NJ and the greater region to go with Glock ... in the late late 80's he was assigned by the chief to deal with the transition to semi automatic 9mm and decide the platform they would go with. I am thinking that the Glock 2nd generation had just come out and while the military had already chosen the Beretta 92F to become their pistol, the Glock had been the forerunner for my old mans department. One of the things that sealed the deal was, they (Glock ppl) had made a big deal of showing the cops how easy it was to field strip and even field strip blindfolded, and made a comment like, "it's so easy a kid could do it -- blindfolded!" So my pop was like, We'll see about that! And took a demo home that night, and at the kitchen table taught me how it was to be field stripped, had me do it till i got comfortable, then took off his tie and we used it as a blindfold, and presto, I could do it blindfolded, (all like 8 or 9 years old of course who are trained and able to field strip and reassemble a Glock at the kitchen table LOL), and that was it, they went with Glock.

Only a year or two later, not much time at all, having converted the entire department to the Glock 19 2nd gen 9mm, the Next Big Thing was the .40 S&W and how much better it was than 9mm and the entire department, *MAYBE* three years later at most, was now giving up the 9mm in favor of the .40 S&W, and everyone had to requalify/be reissued pistols, etc. There was the option to buy your 9mm which he did, we still have, it's amazing how much different yet the same it is to the new ones.

So it's pretty safe for me to say I have been a Glock guy all my life, and will be for the foreseeable future. They are not fancy but they were not designed to be, they were designed to be a tool -- a life saving, deadnuts reliable , battle tested war fighting implement and that is exactly what they are... Just as it was in the late 80s and early 90s as my late Gen 3 G23 .40S&W is , not fancy but dead nuts reliable.

What?! Where's all that amusing "Glock Hate!" I'm forced to endure on a daily basis? Anybody? Why just the other day I had to listen to a coworker go on and on about how much he hates Glocks. He probably read somewhere on the interwebs that he was suppose to hate them or something.

Oh well. It sure is refreshing to see so many positive comments about Glocks outside of a Glock forum at least.

Maybe I'll start a support group...

"Hi my name is....and I'm a Glockoholic....It started with a G19 Gen 4. I told myself I could stop myself anytime but this soon lead to a G23 Gen 4 then G17..."