Sign in to follow this  
BigHayden

Finally, somebody willing to "do something" about guns...

When guns are funnelled through straw purchases in other states, it's a problem. A 80 old grandma shows up at a gun store in a gun friendly state & wants to buy 100 glocks. Yes, she's entitled but any sane person would see something is most likely not right. Let's not get extreme on both ends of gun ownership. Saving history is not worth anything when people value objects over lives. If a widow wants to get rid of her dead husband's firearm, what right does anyone have to stop her? It's her choice.

show me the proof of this idiotic statement

When guns are funnelled through straw purchases in other states, it's a problem. A 80 old grandma shows up at a gun store in a gun friendly state & wants to buy 100 glocks. Yes, she's entitled but any sane person would see something is most likely not right. Let's not get extreme on both ends of gun ownership. Saving history is not worth anything when people value objects over lives. If a widow wants to get rid of her dead husband's firearm, what right does anyone have to stop her? It's her choice.

She would be more than welcome to take it to any ffl for sale or offer it for sale privately. Buying stuff you want to get rid of is not a function of government.

She would likely get more for it from an ffl anyway.

I remember a number of years ago a friend and I were thinking about buying a bunch of Marlin 60s @ $105 each in PA and driving straight to a Trenton buy-back to get $200 each for them since they met the state's definition of an "Assault Weapon" but figured they would know what we were up to and find a way to screw us.

I remember a number of years ago a friend and I were thinking about buying a bunch of Marlin 60s @ $105 each in PA and driving straight to a Trenton buy-back to get $200 each for them since they met the state's definition of an "Assault Weapon" but figured they would know what we were up to and find a way to screw us.

I just rolled my eyes at this stupidity

I just rolled my eyes at this stupidity

And I just rolled my eyes at your condescending short-sighted comment. Works both ways tool.

In much the same as what the Guns Save Life group did in Chicago, we were thinking of a way to turn one of these buy backs into a platform to demonstrate how absurd NJ’s AWB was; that we could buy a bunch of $100 .22 caliber plinkers and get the libtards to pay us $200 each for them except this was back in 2000-20001. We figured we would get screwed somehow so we never followed through with the plan. It was not meant to be a plan to profit from the system, it was meant to be a way to publicly demonstrate the stupidity of the AWB.

this is what happens to most all the ww2 collectible bringbacks after the vet dies and the kids get control...OH MY GOD A GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

it must be destroyed. Gun buy backs are the culmination of decades or anti gun indoctrination we are subjected to in liberal dominated states.

yes they are illegal, yes they destroy history, yes they use our tax dollars, but unless you are in power, you are the ones subject to the use of that power.

I once heard a story of a friend of a friend's neighbor's cousin's uncle's mother's son (no names get it). Apparently they purchased a home in South Toms River/Bayville area after an elderly couple moved/died. While doing some renovations they found a WWII era Browning BAR hidden behind a false wall. I have to say if it were me, I'd probably break it down with a set of gloves, clean it, cosmoline the crap out of it and put it right back where I found it.

I found a Luger in a Jersey City brown stone i was working in back in the '90s. I handed it to the yuppie libtards that had just bought it and they acted like I handed them a dismembered animal. They turned it in to the police. Lesson learned, if I ever find anything like that again I'm keeping it.

when the vet i knew passed a few years ago, his kids(who i never met, even though i knew this man and his wife my whole life, living 50 yards from) brought in a dumpster and heaved everything...the swords, uniforms and all, basically all his stuff he brought back from the war. (all includes a few bringback guns) Into the dumpster...

sold his house and eagle as fast as possible to get the $

scum of the earth

when the vet i knew passed a few years ago, his kids(who i never met, even though i knew this man and his wife my whole life, living 50 yards from) brought in a dumpster and heaved everything...the swords, uniforms and all, basically all his stuff he brought back from the war. (all includes a few bringback guns) Into the dumpster...

sold his house and eagle as fast as possible to get the $

scum of the earth

Disgraceful. How "the greatest generation" spawned such scum is beyond me.

The 2A is a guaranteed right? Correct? "Shall not be infringed"...correct? Why do you continue to put limits and stipulations on an ACTUAL, written in stone, "Right"?

Also, what "Qel hoth" posted above (#27) is exactly correct here in the USA. That is not the government's job to buy back guns and dispose of them. It's just another bloated government waste program that's a "feel good" liberal program. Probably so someone can use this as a talking point in the next election or justify that they are on record for "cutting gun crimes". Sadly, the average citizen will think it a great idea. However, it's no different than having a buy back program for free speech... really no different.

The 2A is a guaranteed right? Correct? "Shall not be infringed"...correct? Why do you continue to put limits and stipulations on an ACTUAL, written in stone, "Right"?

Also, what "Qel hoth" posted above (#27) is exactly correct here in the USA. That is not the government's job to buy back guns and dispose of them. It's just another bloated government waste program that's a "feel good" liberal program. Probably so someone can use this as a talking point in the next election or justify that they are on record for "cutting gun crimes". Sadly, the average citizen will think it a great idea. However, it's no different than having a buy back program for free speech... really no different.

It also gives them the raw materials for those stupid Antigun Sculptures they have at the Un Building and down in DC...don't forget that part