TheDon

Dept of Homeland Security Grants to Buy Drones?

Where can someone find out if this is really true? Is the Department of Homeland Security really issueing grants to fund the acquisition of drowns by local PD's? There is so much tinfoil-hat crap on Youtube, you can't trust anything. But this seems to have some credibility.

http://youtu.be/iIPFkJtOO10

This is Un-F*cking believable!!

And we just sit back and let the police state evolve around us.

Yes, until it's enough to invoke our 2A rights, yes- that's exactly what's happening.

If these things start flying overhead, don't be surprised if you hear news stories of them being shot out of the sky lol

I'm at work, so I can't watch the video, but 30,000 drones? I think the Air Force has maybe... 1000 in their inventory? At about $4 million a pop, that would be... a cost of $120,000,000,000.

Yeah, I'm not worried.

I'm at work, so I can't watch the video, but 30,000 drones? I think the Air Force has maybe... 1000 in their inventory? At about $4 million a pop, that would be... a cost of $120,000,000,000.

Yeah, I'm not worried.

They are not talking about the $4MM each drones used by the USAF. The ones in the clip are mostly small drones that are piloted similar to model airplanes. $200,000 x 30,000 is only $6B. And it is over a long period of time. DHS could easily have a $600M in their budget per year over 10 years.

30,000 may seem like a huge number until you think about how many law enforcement departments and agencies we have only here in the State of NJ. E.g., imagine how many K9 units are in the US.

Supposidly, this has been going on since 2010.