Cemeterys Gun Blob

Blue Jersey Calling for Tough Gun Laws

Apparently he was on pills. http://www.businessinsider.com/adam-lanza-taking-antipsychotic-fanapt-2012-12

Fanapt is one of a many drugs the FDA pumped out with an ability to exact the opposite desired effect on people: that is, you know, inducing rather than inhibiting psychosis and aggressive behavior.

Guess that answers part of the question

Apparently he was on pills. http://www.businessi...-fanapt-2012-12

Fanapt is one of a many drugs the FDA pumped out with an ability to exact the opposite desired effect on people: that is, you know, inducing rather than inhibiting psychosis and aggressive behavior.

Guess that answers part of the question

wow. there's some info I could have used in my endless debates the last few days...

Don't know who you are addressing or what you mean by grandstanding, but the difference is that while yes, the same agenda has been pushed by the antis for years, not too many people were listening. Most politicians weren't, the majority of Amercians weren't, and Senators with 'A' ratings from the NRA most certainly weren't. ALL of those people are now on board for additional restrictions of one sort or another, ergo more restrictive gun laws of some sort almost certainly will pass this time. The NRA should be working to mitigate that to the extent possible and perhaps even turning the tables and forcing the antis to put up or shut up on their bs claims to "want a conversation" on the second amendment. A "conversation" requires two sides, so I say let's talk to them and see what comes of it. Worst case we'll be no worse off than we would be if we refuse any compromise.

I agree, so NRA are you out there???

The problem is that a big chunk of those 54% and 57% have no idea what the gun laws are as they stand. They are reading articles that are full of inaccuracies, like the one posted above, and taking it as fact and passing that info on to others. I would wager that 90% of non-gun owners have no idea what an assault rifle actually is. Sadly there are also many gun owners who don't know either. It's a shame how many NJ residents I see at EFGA with 10 round mags "because anything more than that is illegal in NJ".

Dude. The people calling for more gun control almost NEVER understand what the current set of laws were. If I had the money, I'd fund a poll whereby I would ask that question, then present a list of proposed legislation and ask them if they believe it is more strict, less strict, or equivalent to current legislation. I have yet to talk to a single anti that has a realistic notion of what current laws are. The preceding statement has applied for the last 25 years or so. This time we have 54-57% uninformed idiots. In the 90s, we had damn near 70% uninformed idiots. I don't care if they are idiots, it's about the proportion of prevailing opinions, and in that regard we have only stepped back to the dark ages of 2005-2007.

The most dangerous weapon in a confined space in my opinion is a shotgun, probably the most common weapon owned in America, also works suprisingly well on security door hinges, but maybe the anti gun crowd is waiting till they get rid of everything else and then work on the final weapons, like they did in England.