ITman

Accidental discharge in New York Mall

Not a slam at LEO, but this is the 2nd incident reported with LEO firearms today. LEO are not supermen or infallible, they are a mirror of the larger society. In the current fight over 2A rights, remember that there are a lot on our side, but the Schumers & the Feinsteins will enlist the help and endorsement of a lot of LEO, especially those with something to gain, as photo op props, and endorsers of their stands. Those are the types we need to watch out for, not the regular men & women who take a dump, or struggle with a (probably drunk/high) domestic violence arrestee.

The passive phrasing of "the gun discharged" in some news stories irks me. The gun didn't shoot itself - someone pulled the trigger, in this case I'm guessing the owner as he clutched at his jacket to keep it from being stolen.

Poor form to carry a handgun without some kind of holster...

The passive phrasing of "the gun discharged" in some news stories irks me. The gun didn't shoot itself - someone pulled the trigger, in this case I'm guessing the owner as he clutched at his jacket to keep it from being stolen.

x2 i hate that as well....

What do you do with a holster when taking a dump. You don't want the gun dangling on the floor for someone to see or reach under and grab. So he probably took it off and put it in his jacket out of the way.

How did they know his jacket was hanging on the inside of the stall?? Weird story for sure

Just another reason to never take a dump in a public restroom lol

You make that sound like it always an option. I have never crunched in a public restroom unless it was absolutely necessary.

What do you do with a holster when taking a dump. You don't want the gun dangling on the floor for someone to see or reach under and grab. So he probably took it off and put it in his jacket out of the way.

Take your holster off with gun in it when you get in stall. When you drop your pants and sit down place holstered gun in your pants. Out of sight to others and hard for anyone to grab. If you forget to take it out of your pants when done you will be reminded when you pull your pants up.

With pistol in jacket, wouldn't safety be engaged?

If his personal pistol is a glock, wouldn't the safe action trigger prevent random side grabbings from firing the pistol once, or twice?

I'm guessing maybe he forgot to engage safety.