DevsAdvocate

Illinois Legislature to introduce Assault Weapons ban which bans... well, everything.

Well, it's obvious what the libs are doing now, trying to ram thru legislation quickly, in as many places as possible. Multiple attacks in different places. I think the leg session ends in Ill Friday? This will be happening elsewhere too, in states like NY, possibly NJ, CA, MA, CT, the usual suspects. And up in DC as well. It's worked before, so why wouldn't teh libds do it again?

Ill is a test case to find out how much they can get away with. Because it's run by Obama cronies. If this goes thru, expect the same sorts of things to come out in multiple sattes--including NJ, and what comes out of the Biden group.

I'm surprised this of nonsense hasn't happened here.......yet

Provoking a violent response by gun owners is a desirable outcome for these people (Rahm and Quinn, and Obama and Feinstein). That way they will have even more of an excuse to confiscate. Confiscation IS THE GOAL NOW of so called 'reasonable' gun control laws. If you voted Democrat or support them, THIS IS WHAT YOU VOTED FOR.

I'll say it now. It's not long before someone tries to kill some of these guys. They are all pushing for total bans. Scary times

The question is. What will these people do when they pull it off. Maybe congressmen have good security but is it always around? I mean I saw bob Menendez 5 ft away at the Rutherford street fair. Didn't see any security. Not that I'm condoning it. And doubt it would happen in nj but eventually it will happen somewhere a little more "patriotic"

Provoking a violent response by gun owners is a desirable outcome for these people (Rahm and Quinn, and Obama and Feinstein). That way they will have even more of an excuse to confiscate. Confiscation IS THE GOAL NOW of so called 'reasonable' gun control laws. If you voted Democrat or support them, THIS IS WHAT YOU VOTED FOR.

Yeah, but they also voted for free healthcare and unicorns for everyone. Don't you know that Matt?

I wonder if there are enough pro-gun states to pass a Constitutional amendment strengthening the 2nd Amendment.

This is a bit redundant, no? I mean, if they're already stepping over our existing Rights, what's gonna stop them from stepping over a new Amendment?

This is a bit redundant, no? I mean, if they're already stepping over our existing Rights, what's gonna stop them from stepping over a new Amendment?

My thought was to specifically allow things the antis are claiming the 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to, such as carrying

"Shall not be infringed" is already the strongest wording protecting any right covered by our Constitution so what is the point? They would just twist and contort any other language to try to justify their position. My fear is that we are so far apart at this point there will be no peaceful means of resolving the impasse. They have already overstepped their authority and we will not give up one more inch. If it does come to blows it won't be our fault, for the most part I think we just want them to leave us alone but if they are not content to do so then they get what they deserve.