Cemeterys Gun Blob

Jersey City: Cash for Clunkers Sat 1/5/2013

Jersey City is having another cash for clunkers program....

This Saturday January 5, 2013

12p to 4:30p

Greek Orthodox Church 661 Montgomery Street

$100 Rifles/Shotguns

$150 for Handguns/Automatic Weapons

http://pagead2.googl...470201028202008

UPDATE:

"We firmly believe that the fewer guns that are out there in our city, the safer all of our residents, businesses and visitors will be," said Mayor Chug-a-Lug, a charter member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns

"Our initiative is funded without taxpayer dollars and over the course of the past several years has resulted in nearly 1,300 guns being removed from the households and streets of our city."

Catch that bit there? Just like when Paula Dow was DA for Essex County, gun buyback are not about reducing crime, just getting people to turn them in....and by the looks of what gets turned it, it's all junk anyway.

I am going to PA wally world tomorrow and buying as many $25 Bb guns as they have. Bringing them back to JC for a nice profit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Seems legit!

I have heard stories of people picking up this and that, but actually knowing someone or doing it myself, No I don't.

I've heard of people in states like AZ doing it, but not in NJ. I'd be careful trying this in NJ, the people standing in line at the buy back are more than likely already in violation of NJ's travel exemption statue by bringing firearms to a buy back (not an exempted destination). You could theoretically get charged with that or an illegal transfer if you handled a firearm to look at it (would be a bit difficult to check condition otherwise) and handed it back to them.

I too would like to know if anyone has tried, and what the reaction of the authorities running it was.