Lecky

1911 thoughts

Actually lately they are all coping the Brazos Edge I got last March. Lol

Well probably not coping me, but I didn't see any back then and now I see at least 5 or 6 at every match, probably the same thing when you by a new car, you start noticing them all over the road... ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry, your Brazos made Edge is almost the equivalent of three Trojans ;)

Actually lately they are all coping the Brazos Edge I got last March. Lol

Well probably not coping me, but I didn't see any back then and now I see at least 5 or 6 at every match, probably the same thing when you by a new car, you start noticing them all over the road... ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The STI edge and its SVI counterpart have been around for a while now.

Having bought about 8 of them in the last two years I can recommend the new S&W's 1911 E models that come out of their performance center. For the money you get a gun that is ready to go without any need for modifications. It has all the bell and whistles and is reliable. I had bought 3 Colts and none of them was 100% reliable which when you carry guns, is not good, but OK for other uses where your life is not on the line. Kimbers are not what they were when I bought my first one back when their Customs shop was not just a name put on mass produced guns. The new Ruger 1911 is supposed to be good as most Rugers are. I tried the new Remington and it was bad out of the box and I got my money refunded. Plus Remington has nothing to do with the gun other than licensing their name to another company. When you have a problem you do not talk to Remington but rather the corporation that makes them using the Remington name,

I recommend the new S&W line. I bought this one for $1100 and it was well worth the money. They have it also with a scandium frame for carry and a new model with cuts in the slide that is just gorgeous. They are positioning themselves to offer custom gun features in a mass produced gun and are succeeding.

post-3532-0-39868500-1357542920_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone, I just spoke to my local police dept. and the clerk said I should have my 2 handgun permits in 1-2 weeks. Could I please get some recommendations on 1911's for around (give or take) $1000.and for my second permit I was thinking about a 9mm, possibly either a Sig, Glock or M&P. could I also get recommendations on them or others? I was also wondering where I should purchase them? I live in union county. Thanks very much.

My first 9mm was the Glock 19 Gen4, which I love and is very reliable. Very simple looking gun, but the looks grows on you. Very easy to field strip, clean, etc. Bought it from Frank at Caso's in Jersey City.

I bought the Kimber Custom II in .45 about 4 months ago from Bullet Hole for around $800. Love the gun. It's great looking, very tight lines and no rattles, shoots dead on. Haven't had a single issue or FTF/FTE once. Absolutely love it.

Just got a second 1911 in 9mm - the STI Spartan IV, which I haven't been able to pick up yet because of the NICS wait. Love the way it looks and feels, and I figured I already have a one in .45 so I'd try this one out in 9mm as it's main purpose is for target shooting.

I have also shot the Sig P226 and the Springfield XD in 9 which I loved also. Just handle them, do a lot of research and choose what feels best in your hands. Good luck!

For a 1000 there are a ton of 1911's that can be had. I would recommend going to a store and handling a bunch.mi always recommend Caso's in Jersey City. Lots of handguns that you can fondle and get a feel for. I am always willing to help a newbie out if they are going there since I live close by.

That

And a Sig or Smith&Wesson is the most bang for your buck at 1000 bucks.