Cemeterys Gun Blob

JCPD: Criminals don't do gun buy backs

In Jersey City, Police Chief Comey says;

“The likelihood of anyone who’s a known felon… walking into a surrender center is probably highly remote,”

No $hit Sherlock........

So just what does get turned in? Guns that nobody wants anymore......so the saying hold true....gun buy backs really are 'cash for clunker' programs.

http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/2013/01/09/jersey-citys-latest-gun-buyback-takes-in-164-weapons/

Can't stand this guy, last time I heard him speak on TV he was blaming the NRA for a JC cop being shot and killed. In reality he was the one responsible for the cops death, him and his bigger than life Jersey City ego.

First of all, what kind of image/standard does this Comey set for his department, weighing around 550 pounds? The guy looks like he swallowed half of Hudson County; an absolute disgrace to his (ceremonial) uniform. Next to him, Christie almost looks like the "after" picture for a weight loss clinic.

He's just another in a long line of feckless political hacks around here who are more than willing to lie, obfuscate, deflect and employ their party's dogma to keep the status quo.

Thanks to phonies like him, Jersey City mayor Healy and most of his city council, and the Hudson County board of Chosen Freeholders, our officials and politicians will almost certainly jump on the most-restrictive of gun control bandwagons.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

“The likelihood of anyone who’s a known felon… walking into a surrender center is probably highly remote,”

No $hit Sherlock........

So just what does get turned in? Guns that nobody wants anymore......so the saying hold true....gun buy backs really are 'cash for clunker' programs.

http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/2013/01/09/jersey-citys-latest-gun-buyback-takes-in-164-weapons/

I have to disagree. What better place to dispose of a weapon used in a crime?

No questions asked. Weapon destroyed, so evidence is gone. And you get paid for it.

The Trifecta for criminals.

I have to agree with the Chief. If a criminal needs to dispose of a firearm they want to get rid of it not walk around with it. Rivers, sewers, and dumpsters are more plentiful than gun buy backs. The criminal shoots someone. Leave it at the scene. The gun is already stolen or obtained illegally so it can only be traced to the criminal if he keeps it.

No questions asked. Weapon destroyed, so evidence is gone. And you get paid for it.

Keep telling yourself that

First of all, what kind of image/standard does this Comey set for his department, weighing around 550 pounds? The guy looks like he swallowed half of Hudson County; an absolute disgrace to his (ceremonial) uniform. Next to him, Christie almost looks like the "after" picture for a weight loss clinic.

He's just another in a long line of feckless political hacks around here who are more than willing to lie, obfuscate, deflect and employ their party's dogma to keep the status quo.

Thanks to phonies like him, Jersey City mayor Healy and most of his city council, and the Hudson County board of Chosen Freeholders, our officials and politicians will almost certainly jump on the most-restrictive of gun control bandwagons.

yet under his Watch Jersey City had (at least at one time) The SHORTEST turnaround times for permits

Yeah, I've had a problem with the whole "no questions asked" aspect of these buybacks. Why would any conscientious LEO worth his/her badge pass up any opportunity to link a firearm to a crime? Questions may have not been asked but what an opportune moment to perhaps videotape or photograph the exchange,test the firearm for residue,prints,ballistic fingerprinting....whatever,in order to at the very least preserve some evidence of a possible crime

So you mean the AG is lying?

Chiesa said the state will use money forfeited by criminals to pay up to $250 for each firearm, up to a maximum of three, without asking any questions about the seller. The program is identical to one held last month in Camden that netted a record 1,137 firearms.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/01/attorney_general_plans_100k_gu.html

So you mean the AG is lying?

http://www.nj.com/po...ns_100k_gu.html

Perhaps not....No questions are asked but that does not preclude the authorities from pursuing other forms of investigation....No?

Perhaps not....No questions are asked but that does not preclude the authorities from pursuing other forms of investigation....No?

Like what? Being in posession of a gun used at a crime is pretty damning evidence, that is now gone, and you gave the person money to go get another one.

There is no way to tie the gun to the criminal. No questions asked means no name, no address etc.

Where did you get this? Nope can ask.

Why are the fingerprints we found at a scene on this gun? Nope can't ask.

So basically they can, maybe, match a slug to one retrieved at a crime scene. Great now what, you got the gun but no track back to the user.

Aside from them getting some money out of it...... they can find the nearest lake and just toss it.

yet under his Watch Jersey City had (at least at one time) The SHORTEST turnaround times for permits

If he turns out to be a pro-gun guy I'll take back any "fat" jokes I've ever made about him. But parts of his city are still war zones so I don't think his idea of policing is working so good.

Disclaimer: my cousin is a captain in the JCPD, so a lot of the negative things about Comey I've picked up from talking with him.

Except for Comey's weight issue. That's all on him.

I and the OP went last year, it was a bunch of junk and broken guns.