Sign in to follow this  
Jim Hartman

Spoke to my state senator today

Actually had called me back after I left a message and I spoke for about a half hour on the phone. I told him my thoughts on the up coming bills in the assembly. He told me he would not support any of them, and the current atmosphere was that they were going to see and expect something coming from the feds. I asked him directly what he thought was going to happen and he told me" he didnt think any of them would ever live to see the light of day" You can take that statement anyway you would like. My personal opinion is that the district that Sweeny represents are the single most important . He can table any bills he wants to. You guys in Glouster county really have to let him hear you.

Thanks for the report. My Guys in Bergen have yet to respond. Although my congressman has. He says he agrees that we have enough laws on the books already.Sort of

"

Unfortunately, many will use this tragedy as an opportunity to restrict access to firearms for law-abiding citizens. I do not believe that these actions will address the underlying issue. The Second Amendment to the Constitution establishes a citizen's right to keep and bear arms. I believe that to prevent future tragedies from occurring, we must keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. I also believe that we must take steps to more effectively address mental illness, not just through the federal government, but also within our families and communities. "

So far all I've gotten from Menendez are a few form emails saying he'll contact me ASAP (even though my first letter to him was over a week ago). Nothing from Lauty-wauty, and one email from Pascrell.

With menendez all you will get is added to his spam list both electronic and physical. HE will just spam the crap out of you with messages about how he is awesome, anyone ho disagrees with him is wrong, and low grade begging letters for campaign contributions at the appropriate time. Even if you mailed them something that said he has been 100% wrong on every vote, and the world would be better off if he got cancer and died.

Cory Booker is looking like the leading candidate to replace Lautenberg. Lautenberg is crazy gun control nut, hopefully Booker is a little more sane.

Seems like NJ and CA got the two gun control nut senators: Menendez, Lautenberg, Boxer and Feinstein. Would be nice to get some of them replaced.

We need to get Booker into the US Senate. He can do less damage there than he can to NJ as Governor.

We need to get Sweeny into the Governor's mansion. He is more pro-gun than Christie and having Sweeny run against Christie will force Christie's hand to deal to take a stand on guns instead of walking the middle of the road like he's been doing.

Booker can do less damage in Washington than in Trenton -- but he comes across as saner and less corrupt than Menendez or Lautenberg and can still do lots of damage.

I've read that at the moment Codey is thought more likely than Sweeny to be the Democrat's sacrificial lamb. The Democrats are afraid of a bloodbath if Buono gets the nomination.