Adam

New Rem SPS Tactical

Picked up a Rem in .308 as title states with OD/Black marbled stock.

Also tagged along for the sale was a Vortex Viper PST and Harris bi-pod. Havent thrown anything down range yet but can't wait.

Very nice looks like a very similar picture to my newer R700 SPSTac AAC-SD .308 .

If he has the same stock as me which I am pretty sure it does , it's a Hogue OverMolded. THere are two versions, the one Remington uses which is advertised as having "aluminum pillars" - there is a MUCH More expensive version that is advertised as "full length aluminum bedding block" but as we have discussed several times and I have made my position quite clear, at that price I will buy a $530-ish McMillan GPH and a ~$200 gunsmith installation/bedding , or the $700-ish AICS chassis stock, rather than a top of the line Hogue, but some people just love the rubber overmolding (which I admit is very nice on the hands).

Anyway congrats looks nice bro.

Picked up a Rem in .308 as title states with OD/Black marbled stock.

Also tagged along for the sale was a Vortex Viper PST and Harris bi-pod. Havent thrown anything down range yet but can't wait.

Just got mine last week and go to shoot it this weekend I LOVE IT!!

remington007_zps6f6616d1.jpg

Next on my list for this are scope caps, and a Mcrees Precision stock in OD.

One of the things I really liked about the Nikon Monarch I got was it came with a sunshade *and* flip-up caps (In addition to two styles of target turrets you can add and even a ex. large microfiber cloth) ... it really makes it nice when you see they add that stuff to the box and you open it and get those extras you might have to buy otherwise.

I'm sure there are much higher quality cover-caps but the included are fine with me to be honest.

Anyway congrats again.

What did that set ya back and where of you don't mind me asking?

Rifle was roughly 650, the complete scope setup (rail, rings, quick disconnects and scope) was a between 7-800 Lous in Raritan. They are getting a few 308's and Mcrees chassis in soon!

If you plan on upgrading the stock, wouldn't it have been worth it to start with the barrel you want and the worst stock? I'd like to get one but there are so many combinations for the 700 that my head spins. Definitely want it in 308.

I totally forgot to update this.. had it out to range 14 a while back and was able to get it sighted in nicely.. hitting groups at the far berm slightly bigger then a quater. It was a tad breezy an cold at the time and I know I could tighten it up with a bit more practice in better conditions. Just couldnt sit out there anymore and had to many layers on to get a good feel for it..

I did order a Bradley 24 cheek rest. I havent shot with that on yet..

Extremely happy with it. Cant wait for the Mcrees, just gotta hold off for more funds..