Maximus

NRA shooting app on apple store????

This has got to be a joke. If it is, the NRA has not released anything to rebuff the story. What the hell are they waiting for? The game looks like it was released on Jan. 13 and all of the news and antis are jumping on the bandwagon. Now the " NRA is spitting on the graves of those children in Newtown" one article said.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/15/16524425-nra-releases-practice-range-shooting-app-after-blaming-video-games-for-violence?lite

Nope, real game but it has nothing to do with the shooting. The people are saying it's an outrage they release something like that so shortly after Sandy. It has nothing to do with Sandy or shooting humans and people need to realize life goes on. I'm sure it wasn't created after Sandy... It was in the works prior, I'm sure.

Nope, real game but it has nothing to do with the shooting. The people are saying it's an outrage they release something like that so shortly after Sandy. It has nothing to do with Sandy or shooting humans and people need to realize life goes on. I'm sure it wasn't created after Sandy... It was in the works prior, I'm sure.

Exactly. Apple's approval process for apps can take months, no way this was developed and sent to Apple for approval in that timeframe. The game is a simple range and skeet game with little NRA tips that pop up before each session. If people want to complain, there are a lot of shooting games for iOS and Android out there that simulate shooting people.

sure it works but is it really from the NRA?

Hmm. Well it's actually in the "MEDL MOBILE" section for the iOS app store. Under "NRA" you find the NRA Official app and the NRA Gun Guide. And the Font doesn't match what the NRA usually uses.

However, in the description it says "Official NRA licensed product". If it's not really endorsed by the NRA, someone will be getting their a$$ sued off.

I just tried it out on my iPad. It's pretty mediocre.

There's nothing there about shooting any persons other than vaguely human shaped targets that look like USPSA/IDPA targets with tapered bottoms. You get 3 guns - Beretta M9 for the Indoor range ("Coffin" targets), M16 for the Outdoor range (USPSA Classic shaped targets that pop out of the ground into the air and back down), and Mossberg 500 for Skeet.

The animations are pretty basic and really off in terms of reality. Magazine capacities are 15 for the M9 and M16, and 5 for the Mossberg. Reloading is wayyyyyy faster than it should be - especially for the Mossberg.

I downloaded it too. Nothing crazy at all. The emotional knee-jerk reactions out there are really beginning to get on my nerves. People need to stop being so damn sensitive.

FYI... the Surefire branded Shot Timer app for the iPhone is free right now. It's basic, but it works, and it's not hampered by some of the other free shot timers out there.