iRescue

GOV CHRISTIE CALLS 2PM NEWS CONF TODAY

"Part of what we see here is a reaction by folks I suspect to feeling insecure, (regarding 7 yo bringing gun to school), there is a sense of insecurity...I want Dr. ? to make a determination how to make our schools secure and more secure..the way people are feeling right now and their own measure of insecurity is driving things."

Do you support AWB/mags more than 10 rounds - "you can ask me as many times as you want...when I think it is appropriate to give an opinion I'll give an opinion on it...not in a position of influence right now...if that came, I might give an opinion...right now I have to take care of my job as gov....we already have a law in NJ, no rounds > 15...the police who want to keep guns after they retire, have clips of 10, sometimes 7+1, those guns would be made illegal...do you want to take guns out of the hands of retired LEO on streets who can sometimes be very useful...met with LEO who are very opposed to 7 rounds, and they are usually in favor of most gun control...will not give opinion."

I can't believe that after this people will still slam Christie. He is fantastic! He gave the first, the very first, sensible comment on the mag limit issue that I've heard from anyone, anywhere. He is a common sense guy. Clearly, he is trying to walk a political tightrope. But net, net he has more to lose in this state than gain by not coming out and screaming for nonsensical gun measures like Cuomo. I was a fan of Christie before. Now I am a huge fan.

"assigning the VP Biden the task was a good thing, he has lots of eexperience...now what do you do with that information...I'm setting up an opportunity for leadership..what happens afterwards, what I do with those recommendations, how effective they are...then you can make a judgement on me, and on the president..."

Talking about employment growth now. Added 30,000 jobs -- record breaking month and year -- but unemployment numbers still went down. Unemployment numbers based on a poll, not accurate. Our numbers are verifyable. Proud of our record. All Democratics care about in this state is taking back the governor job, they rejoice in any failure of the state government

Please, for [deity's] sake, someone who is good with video production put together a Cuomo/Christie mashup video, with Cuomo screaming his head off over guns cut in with Christie's statements on "reacting due to emotion, complex issue, overall picture".

Bury that hyperbolic bully Cuomo!