hd2000fxdl

Extrema II

Ok, I have wanted this shotty for a while. I may have the opportunity to head down to Argentina for a Dove Hunt,I'm in the running and at 400 bucks for the week with meals and lodging I might not be able to pass this up.

Now would this shotty be a good choice for a dove hunt like this, or is there a better option in the price range. Keep in mind, this trip, if I can get on it, I would be going through about a 1000 shells a day for 5 days, and while I don't mind recoil, ya have to think that's a lot or bumps to this not so young shoulder. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick, I originally came up with this trip and tried to make it a special trip in my travel club. They saw the opportunity and it looks like Nancy Leberman (sp) or one of the other who do out Volunteerism trips to help others around the world saw this as a fundraiser in the company. So at our big even in Dallas in October they auctioned off 2 of the trips to raid

Se money. The first trip went for about 8G's. the cool this is the person who got it saw that someone else really wanted it, so he said ill just do ate the 8G's and said out it up for another auction. They sold that trip and another for 4 people each for 15g's and now it looks like it may be opening up as a regular trip. I hope it does come to fruition and I can make it. But I will say if I an pick up more than 1 spot, I'll do it and ill put it up on the forum

, being I can take either anyone in my family (they don't hunt) or someone else and for that price, I know I'd have a taker, if not, I'd donate the trip to someone in the company and take the tax deduction just like most of my vacation being they are all business trips and portions are deductible.

It's great having a second gig that's not a job at all, where my motto is going for "Making a Living, Living" to "Making a Living, Giving". :)

I have an A400 and let me tell you, this gun hammers away...fastest cycling semi shotgun I have ever seen...reliable as hell.

I have had it in the boat, on the range, in wet, in hot, cold, whatever, this gun fires away.

Cool, but would you want to put 1000 shells a day through her a bunch of days in a row? Well let me rephrase that, would you want to and still be able to come home and have fun with the OL? Lol

I have a Xtrema and have taken it with me on about 100 hunts with about 1000 rounds down the barrel. It has been with me in the ground blind goose hunting, in the salt water back bays duck hunting, upland hunting and have never really had a problem. On one goose hunt, I had a feeding issue, but it was a combo of the gun being filled with debris from the field, temps in the teens and not the gun not being lubricated enough. Took it apart, cleaned it out and lubed it up and finished up the hunt. I loved the gun so much I bought a Beretta 20ga Urika Quail Unlimited for upland, 12 was too heavy to carry in the field for hours on end. Beretta makes great semi-autos you won't be disappointed.

Thanks guys, this will add to the shottie collection. Really like the 2 870's and HS410 I have but want something I can put a serious amount of shells though in a day and still feel like doing it again the next day and day after and day after. ;)

Like I said and if you saw the CZ dove hunt in Argentina video, you will see 1000 shells a day and 500-750 birds a day would just be an ok day and I want to have a bunch of great days. :)

Harry,

You may want to look into a nice over under shotgun. I know I have shot 250 shells through my 725 and didn't flinch. Shot another 100 next day also. The beretta is a nice Scottie and I'm sorry I sold mine before putting it through the paces.

Harry, my buddy has a Beretta, not exactly sure of the model. It only comes in black or camo, pretty ugly, but works 100%! I would get one if they ever make it in a wood-color. Anyway, it has a recoil reduction system built into the buttstock and works great. I have used it for Trap. Was strange at first having no middle bead, but I hit 23 of 25 on the first round, so I would say the middle bead is not needed. He bought it at Cabellas for around $1500. Very soft-shooting, though slightly heavy gun. An excellent gun and I want to buy one for my wife when she is ready to leave the 870 in the safe. You will not be disappointed, unless you want a "pretty" gun.

Harry, I looked at Berettas website, the Extrema II is the correct model. It has almost the same recoil system in it that my O/U has. Add that to a semi and you have a very, very soft-shooting gun. Your arms will get tired swinging it around before your shoulder gets sore!

391 (& Benelli) semi-auto's are the preferred loaner shotguns that you'll find at most Argentine dove camps. They have a good reputation for volume shooting. The Extrema by merits of its gas system will be a soft shooter. With that many anticipated rounds, you'll appreciate less recoil. Keep in mind you will use the shells provided by the camp so you can't pick and choose loads, meaning you'll probably get the 28 gram load (1 oz.) in 12 ga. which is what they use down here. You should research which of the two Beretta's is better suited for very light to very heavy loads. Both the A400 and Extrema II can be had with chambers up to 3.5". Whether you will need that flexibilty is the question. If a 3" gun is enough for you go with the smaller size chamber in the A400 Xplor over the Extrema II. The Extrema is designed as an extreme waterfowl gun, but I have read it cycles anything. If you have a need for a shotgun what that much range in shell choice, just ensure that it will feed and eject light dove loads for you in a foreign land. I'm sure if you speak to someone down there you'll have an answer to help with your decision.

Harry, I looked at Berettas website, the Extrema II is the correct model. It has almost the same recoil system in it that my O/U has. Add that to a semi and you have a very, very soft-shooting gun. Your arms will get tired swinging it around before your shoulder gets sore!

I'll take tired arms over sore shoulder. Have wanted this shotty since I originally saw it a few years back. I really like the recoil system it has and the YouTube videos shooting 1 handed and being completely manageable pretty much sold me, especially now that I may have the chance to take in 4 days over 4000 Doves out of the sky with 5k of ammo with some great guys one of which I want to get to know a lot better being he is a 3 million dollar a year earner in the other company I am in and he's just looking to hang out with people who love guns and having fun, who also likes to drink beer and good food at the end of the day. Now that's my kind of people. Lol

391 (& Benelli) semi-auto's are the preferred loaner shotguns that you'll find at most Argentine dove camps. They have a good reputation for volume shooting. The Extrema by merits of its gas system will be a soft shooter. With that many anticipated rounds, you'll appreciate less recoil. Keep in mind you will use the shells provided by the camp so you can't pick and choose loads, meaning you'll probably get the 28 gram load (1 oz.) in 12 ga. which is what they use down here. You should research which of the two Beretta's is better suited for very light to very heavy loads. Both the A400 and Extrema II can be had with chambers up to 3.5". Whether you will need that flexibilty is the question. If a 3" gun is enough for you go with the smaller size chamber in the A400 Xplor over the Extrema II. The Extrema is designed as an extreme waterfowl gun, but I have read it cycles anything. If you have a need for a shotgun what that much range in shell choice, just ensure that it will feed and eject light dove loads for you in a foreign land. I'm sure if you speak to someone down there you'll have an answer to help with your decision.

Thanks, this will be a special and not a commercial deal so we will be able to have our guns shipped for this, not like I would if I was heading to the house in AZ but some other agreement being I don't know the laws down there but the company has done this before and has approval.

Either way, ammo of choice is also shipped in for us. It's a cool deal and some fantastic hunting trips right here in the US. I'm new at it but anyone who hunts and I show them say the deals we get are close to half off if not better. Even the safari trips that seem expensive to me, I am told are very good, but 2k for a week or there about for a safari seems more than I am eased to being most of the time I'm used to just hanging out in the islands for 500-600 bucks a week at an all inclusive resort and heck, down there I van drink 500-600 bucks of booze in a week. Lol

We were shooting # 7 1/2 loads, 1 1/8oz, typical 2 3/4" shells. His gun is a 3 1/2" chamber. Never had any issues with the gun cycling. Can't tell you what whimpy loads like 3/4oz would do. I have a few cases if you want to try some #9 with a 3/4oz load and see if they work before you leave. I also have some 3 1.2" buckshot shells if you want to see the difference!

Thanks, this will be a special and not a commercial deal so we will be able to have our guns shipped for this, not like I would if I was heading to the house in AZ but some other agreement being I don't know the laws down there but the company has done this before and has approval.

Either way, ammo of choice is also shipped in for us. It's a cool deal and some fantastic hunting trips right here in the US. I'm new at it but anyone who hunts and I show them say the deals we get are close to half off if not better. Even the safari trips that seem expensive to me, I am told are very good, but 2k for a week or there about for a safari seems more than I am eased to being most of the time I'm used to just hanging out in the islands for 500-600 bucks a week at an all inclusive resort and heck, down there I van drink 500-600 bucks of booze in a week. Lol

Sounds like a good deal and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun. I've only dove hunted here in the U.S. down South but it is fun and fast shooting can be had on a good day. But nothing like you will see in Argentina.