wink-_-wink

Ocean County Newbie

Well hello there! As stated I am from Ocean County and am new to this forum! Most of what is needed to know about me is in my signature lol but ill go through it.

I am here because like most of you I am a gun owner/ 2nd Ammendment supporter. I am a federal law enforcement officer (fancy title for Correction officer on the federal level) I am an Active Duty Air Force vet, currently in the NJ Air Guard. I have been done things such as deploy to Afghanistan and deploy to varrious parts of NJ( Hurricane Irene and Sandy). I'm happily married with 2 kids and one on the way (my second girl which is another reason I am here lol). I too am appalled by what happened in CT but don't feel I should be punished or treated like a sex offender because I own a gun and want to purchase more(yet another reason I am here). I have wrote letters to both sides of the political party in NJ and if all goes well, will be attending the Feb 8th rally (hope you guys are going too).

I look forward to learning some things from you all (like why the heck a bayonette lug is illegal?) Anything more you would just have to ask or message me. Currently my only gun is a .40 Taurus PT101. I had a couple S&W M&P's and a springfield XD before I moved home to NJ a few years back but due to financials and anal gun laws I sold all but the taurus (others were worth a bit more than the taurus). Currently I am in the market for an AR15 (looking at the M&P-15 or possibly building one) and I know I could not have picked a worse time to be in the market for one. Wife is on board with my purchase and it was actually her idea! "you been looking at those for years and never get anything for yourself, why don't you get one with part of our taxes, you deserve it".... be jealous!! Alright, wel that about sums it up, I am glad to be here and will see you in the threads!

Well hello there! As stated I am from Ocean County and am new to this forum! Most of what is needed to know about me is in my signature lol but ill go through it. I am here because like most of you I am a gun owner/ 2nd Ammendment supporter. I am a federal law enforcement officer (fancy title for Correction officer on the federal level) I am an Active Duty Air Force vet, currently in the NJ Air Guard. I have been done things such as deploy to Afghanistan and deploy to varrious parts of NJ( Hurricane Irene and Sandy). I'm happily married with 2 kids and one on the way (my second girl which is another reason I am here lol). I too am appalled by what happened in CT but don't feel I should be punished or treated like a sex offender because I own a gun and want to purchase more(yet another reason I am here). I have wrote letters to both sides of the political party in NJ and if all goes well, will be attending the Feb 8th rally (hope you guys are going too). I look forward to learning some things from you all (like why the heck a bayonette lug is illegal?) Anything more you would just have to ask or message me. Currently my only gun is a .40 Taurus PT101. I had a couple S&W M&P's and a springfield XD before I moved home to NJ a few years back but due to financials and anal gun laws I sold all but the taurus (others were worth a bit more than the taurus). Currently I am in the market for an AR15 (looking at the M&P-15 or possibly building one) and I know I could not have picked a worse time to be in the market for one. Wife is on board with my purchase and it was actually her idea! "you been looking at those for years and never get anything for yourself, why don't you get one with part of our taxes, you deserve it".... be jealous!! Alright, wel that about sums it up, I am glad to be here and will see you in the threads!

Welcome to a fellow "Ocean County" Member! Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

I am a newbie as well and find this to be a friendly and informative group. Good luck!