BOOMSTICK

Assault Weapons Ban Likely To Die

Don't be happy yet.

They will "water it down" so that it is more palatable to the fence-sitters. Look for a capacity limit on mags, universal background checks and medical professionals being forced to violate a patient's privacy... all in the name of the children, donchaknow...

Feinstein's garbage never had a chance. So if they pass a less restrictive bill, the uber-libs can always say, "We tried to protect you from the evilness inherent in guns and the horrible Republicans wouldn't let us!" and the wishy-washy Republicans (most of them) can say, "Look! We had to compromise so they didn't restrict your rights any further."

Don't be happy yet.

They will "water it down" so that it is more palatable to the fence-sitters. Look for a capacity limit on mags, universal background checks and medical professionals being forced to violate a patient's privacy... all in the name of the children, donchaknow...

Feinstein's garbage never had a chance. So if they pass a less restrictive bill, the uber-libs can always say, "We tried to protect you from the evilness inherent in guns and the horrible Republicans wouldn't let us!" and the wishy-washy Republicans (most of them) can say, "Look! We had to compromise so they didn't restrict your rights any further."

I was about to respond, but I could not have said that better than you did. From following the situation closely in print and electronic media, it looks like we will probably dodge another all-out AWB, but universal background checks will become the law. Mag capacity limits are probably around 50-50.

But that's just on the national level. We still have a slew of new proposals to fight here in NJ.

I hope everyone is still coming out for the rally this Friday.

I'm not going to celebrate just yet. Those bastards were probably expecting this. They'll still get something through, and at that point we will have lost no matter what we've done. We might have stopped their AWB, but if a capacity ban gets through, it will have been a pyrrhic victory at best.

Well, keep it up, contact anyone in the fence and urge them not to compromise on ANYTHING.

But we sure as hell cant give up here in NJ either, even if nothing passed nationally, it wont matter if NJ gets its way.

A beloved member of NJ2AS died today, for those that know what I'm talking about, lets keep up the fight in his memory!

Still... It was something I felt that was positive enough to post. ::quickly hides his cheerios so they don't get pissed on:: :p

Didn't mean to rain on your parade (or worse). That is indeed heartening news. It's just that we are all reminding ourselves to remain vigilant, because the fight is far from over.

All this is quite interesting because I've heard rumors that ammo manufacturers were set to meet demand by the end of February and that most of the tooling is being directed to rifle platforms. I think it shows more than anything that the entire is a sh*tshow right now and accurate predictions, like rifles and ammo, are hard to find.