Beretta

Spending on Firearms - How Much is Too Much?

I have been bumming food off people for a week, my rent is passed due, my heating has been turned off, and my car is running on fumes. However I still have electricity, internet, 4 new firearms, and added thousands of rounds of ammunition, so I'm good.

I have been bumming food off people for a week, my rent is passed due, my heating has been turned off, and my car is running on fumes. However I still have electricity, internet, 4 new firearms, and added thousands of rounds of ammunition, so I'm good.

Just sold my bushmaster to pay rent...... Car payment is a few days behind....

But just went grocery shopping, and picked up a few more boxes of ammo....

I think my pipe bender is sold, that freed up $500 spending money... $1000 has to go back into savings...

Just sold my bushmaster to pay rent...... Car payment is a few days behind....

But just went grocery shopping, and picked up a few more boxes of ammo....

I think my pipe bender is sold, that freed up $500 spending money... $1000 has to go back into savings...

my god i hope you are joking haha

since i joined this forum over the summer I have spent about ~12k on guns and ammo, but I got alot of what was on my wish list, and I now have a decent stockpile of ammo for the calibers I shoot.

I think about another 8k in guns and 3k in replacing ammo this year and I should be able to take a year off of buying guns next year.

yea right...

my god i hope you are joking haha

Ohh how I wish...... I wish this was all a joke haha....

I've blown through about $3,000 the past month.....

It was all savings... I don't use credit cards for anything other than questionable websites. I pulled a little out of rent money, then a had someone bail on buying my tubing bender after a big purchase. I had to sell a few things to make up what I pulled out of bill money.

My mother always told me not to count my chickens before they hatch.... Oops

Well good on you for not using credit cards...cc debt is a **** to get out of

personally I use cc's for almost everything, but only for the rewards points - i pay them off in full every month

i'm not trying to preach, but in this market selling off your gun related items at a premium might be a good idea in order to build up a security buffer in your bank account, in case some big bills come up, or something bad (god forbid) happens.

having a bit of a security blanket in your account is alot more important than adding guns to your collection (as long as you have what you need for protection).

after writing this i feel like i have gotten crazy old in the last few years...

Uh, I don't want to look at my credit card bills. I'm usually really good on my purchases and it is usually the wife that spends but I've gone overboard. I track my monthly spending on this stuff in a "hobby" category. I get scared when I look at the spending in that category every month. It's been worst lately.

BTW pre-ordered a Tavor yesterday after watching the SHOT show reviews and I can't wait for this thing to come in!

time will tell if paying msrp was a good decision or not...

also, I hope that Midwest PX figures out how to block those g3 pmags bc I only have like 4 usgi steel mags to use with it otherwise.

Meh thats nothing, youll be fine just stay away from scopes and long range rifles. My last AR cost me about 3K with optics, my bolt gun will ba about the same, and my MATEN 243 will be around 4500 when all said and done. Now reloading thats an entirely different set of plans, oh and then theres C&R guns with all the must haves, bayos, clips, pouches, slings, sight covers, etc...

Soooo your not doin too bad i think you can do better.