SURFINGJERSEY

REMINGTON R1

I felt one of the early ones a few years ago at Brick Armory. It was very rough and had the worst trigger of any 1911 I had ever fired. Maybe that was just an early sample, but it turned me off to them. I did like its classic looks though.

I own one and love it, the honest report on it is pretty simple in my eyes, its a 1911, it handles very well, I personally love the trigger, and it's American!!! The big downside is cleaning it, because not everything is full length of the gun like a kimber it's a little tougher to clean but after the first few times its like nothing because your used to it, Remington's warranty isn't as great as I would like, like S&W but its for 5 years so if anythings going to happen its going to happen in 5 years, the price is fair for a 1911 and its very reliable, I have yet (knock on wood) to have any misfires or jams with new ammo, so it's been a great gun for me, it also fits my hand perfectly, while for me the Kimber was a little too aggressive for me, but as I tell everyone shoot a few before you buy one big investments and long term investments need time to try them out, good luck!

I shot one a couple times. Very nice 1911 especially for the price. I do think the trigger was

a little on the stiff side. I wouldn't call it a bad trigger. Just a felt a little heavy for a 1911. I

am used to my Kimber TLE RL II. That being said I wouldn't say it was hard to shoot or anything.

Still very accurate.

If I were to go with a Remington I'd go with the R1 Enhanced model.

I have the R1 Enhansed. Love it. Very accurate at 25 yds.

Trigger is very good, very crisp. Has the Fiber optic front sight. Grips are on the thick side and rough textured ( this might bother you as they do scratch your hand when firing).

looks are different than the R1 but i like it a lot.

post-1842-0-37461300-1358397486_thumb.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• We never let then inside.  Last re-evaluation was 6-7 years ago, wife politely told him that he was welcome to look around the property and he could look in the windows. He saw two white resin chairs in the basement and told her that this constituted a finished basement. And everything in the basement is bare concrete/ cinder block, and mechanical systems. Nothing finished about it. Ultimately he relented and I'm sure that was a ploy to coerce us to allow him in
    • I use an Alien Gear cloak tuck (IWB) with my Shield.  Neoprene back - in the summer it does feel warm but doesn't rub or chafe.   https://aliengearholsters.com/ruger-lcp-iwb-holster.html Could also go with the shapeshift as it has multiple options - OWB/IWB, Appendix... https://aliengearholsters.com/ruger-lcp-shapeshift-modular-holster-system.html
    • The  12-1 compression ratio L88 is long gone. This is GM's updated version. it might be  pump gas 10-1 engine The L88 was a aluminum head  cast iron block engine with a nasty solid lifter cam. the  ZL1 was a all aluminum  12 or 13-1 compression ratio engine with the best forged internal parts at the time and had a even nastier solid lifter cam 
    • I like my regular carry holster.  OWB leather with belt slots.  I've been carrying for over a year and it was comfortable and I hardly even noticed it.  I carry (usually) a Ruger LCP .380 - light, convenient, tiny. But...today I ended up taking it off an leaving it home after a few hours. I cut down a big maple tree a few days ago and I spent 3/4 of today loading and unloading firewood into the back of my truck and a trailer.  It was a warm day, I was dirty, tired, sweaty, and my holster was rubbing against my side.  The leather and exposed metal snap was no longer comfortable. I'm thinking about adding a layer of something to that part of the holster to soften the contact.  Anything insulating will make it worse.  I don't want a sweaty, hotter holster against my skin.  I'm imagining something thin, breathable, that won't absorb sweat, and softer than leather, metal snaps, and rivets.   But I have no idea what would work. I'm hoping somebody else has already figured this out and I can just do what they did. Any suggestions appreciated.
    • Check the primers on the ammo you didn't shoot yet. Are they fully seated? If the primer is not just below flush with the back of the case, the first hit can seat it better then the second hit ignites it.