wink-_-wink

What to do?

I have a handful (close to 20) expended brass rounds of 30mm from an A-10 warthog. These were handed out to pretty much all who wanted and I grabbed some for display. After looking it seems you can make these into shot glasses as well if you pull the primer and cut them down a bit shorter. I don't have the tools or really the time to cut them and all that. They are not polished and shiney or anything like that. My wife is starting to hound me about them because they are sitting on my desk collecting dust (Other than the two I have in my display case of military stuff acquired over the years). Any other ideas what I can do with this stuff? Any practical use? Ill upload pics of the actual brass when I get home, but heres a pic of possible shot glasses.

ChromeTall600.jpg

I am not interested in selling them but if you guys want one or two I have no problem with that. I have my 2 on display and the other 12 are up for grabs whoever wants to pick em up. I'd like to let them go to as many people that would like one so not to give 1 person like 10. Please just 1 or 2 or PM me a special request for multiple with your reason.) just PM me and ill reserve them. I am in Lakehurst in Ocean County...

-Millsanx1

-BleedingOrangex1

-Metal x2 (two pegs I assume, if you dont want let me know and ill unreserve them, here are specs you asked for)

8 left on 2/10/13 at 0821

Bottom is about 1.5 Inch

19716_578764252152517_762375824_n.jpg

Length about 7 in

65572_578764265485849_1220621988_n.jpg

72985_578764255485850_322207063_n.jpg

about 5.5 in at the thickest part on the base(@4 inch where the projectile was and @5 inch at the smallest part of the base)

535682_578764282152514_348392163_n.jpg

Size comparison

222756_578764285485847_1403710472_n.jpg

Topher, I am willing to ship I am just checking on legality, it is technically "munitions residue" I am just making sure I won't get in trouble.

Turtle I'm in long branch this afternoon but I can meet u somewhere either this evening or later in the week. How many do you "need"/want ;)

Maybe a stupid question, but I thought those rounds were made of depleted uranium.

Do you really want to be handling them?

Even if they were du, du has only significant amounts of beta radiation. Beta is blocked completely by clothing and skin, its only an issue if it gets in the body. Du has had all of the u-235 removes which is the alpha emitter.

OK though I dont know exactly how to use PayPal I set it up for shipping, I currently have the following people with requests:

Nikos-1

Millsan-1

BleedingOrange-1

Metalflames -2

Tactical Turtle-2

Topher-1

That leaves 4 left. I will stop by the post office and get some of those small flat rate shipping boxes.(Talked to FedEx Express and they said they are legal to ship as long as there is no "Head" (I assume they mean the projectile). I compared the prices between UPS/USPS/Fedex- USPS seems the cheapest so that is what I will be using this week. I don't know about tax or anything like that but it says it will be about 6-7 bucks. Sorry I didn't reply to any PMs but if your among the above listed please email me an address to ship to (or arrange a pick up/drop off) And again there are 4 left as of now

Topher, I am willing to ship I am just checking on legality, it is technically "munitions residue" I am just making sure I won't get in trouble.

Turtle I'm in long branch this afternoon but I can meet u somewhere either this evening or later in the week. How many do you "need"/want ;)

Im in ac till Tuesday can meet up after that. I can use 4 or 5. Gunna make a ash tray or 2 then a few shot glasses

Im in ac till Tuesday can meet up after that. I can use 4 or 5. Gunna make a ash tray or 2 then a few shot glasses

I put you down for 2 because you were kind of vague on how many, and the rest went. I will see if I can get my hands on some more. And anytime I do have a chance to grab more I will get as much as I can! I didn't think it would be this popular. I am on Day shift this week so just shoot me a message when your available. Sorry I couldn't hook you up with more. (I can sometimes get 20mm but it is MUCH smaller and am currently attempting to get a few 105 shells! I have dibs on the first 2 of those I get but will post any extras I can grab. If there is any interest in 20mm rounds (currently used by F-16's where I get them) I may be able to acquire some of those brass too. Those are brass and if taken to a recycle place, questions WILL be asked so I am not sure on those....

Just a heads up guys, I am waiting on 2 addresses (PMs have been sent) I am wanting to only make one trip out of this. Wife is picking up the shipping boxes tomorrow and I will start this process Saturday and send them out on Monday when I get off work (8am) as long as I have all addresses. If I dont have the last two addresses I will ship those of you who have already sent addresses and money then.