hd2000fxdl

Children and saving for college

Hey folks, just had a convo with a friend and gave a little free advise on a way to do something for their child that's not only free to do, but a great way to put aside additional money for their college fund by doing nothing other than what you normally do.

It's called Upromise. They can be found at www.upromise.com It's free, you don't need to add money if you don't wish to, but just by you and options to add friends and family to help by just taking a few minutes to register, you can through your normal spending save money and have it invested in a 529 account.

If any of you have been doing this, please share your experience, and if you don't know about it, check it out. It's free and for anyone with children, I don't think you can afford not to do this.

Keep I. Mind, I also advocate other areas to save for the future for your child, 529's are great, UTMA is also a nice option, however there are tax implications, so research that as well as other avenues to help you and your child in the future.

Just wanted to pass this a long and see how many other are out there doing something similar, and if your not, maybe prompt you to look into it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At the rate Obama's policies are depreciating the value of the dollar, better off to borrow the money and pay it back with cheaper dollars. Nothing against your suggestion, just saying.

Well what ever works for ya, but in what I have done and I am by no means an expert or close to it, but at almost 47, with no mortgage in a nice home, ready to retire in 3 years and a 13 year old who college is already funded even if she wants to go for 6 years I think having your money work for you is a better option. Heck I have never really done without, but I budgeted my future and have tried to help people do the same over the years. I think of it as, I can only work so many hours in a day, I don't get paid from working unless I'm working, now being diversified in different forms of investments and in different markets around the world, I'm could be making money if I'm at work or asleep, on vacation or out at the range shooting. It's worked for me, and if I can pass along something that cost nothing to do, and can provide someone time freedom in the future and they can provide more for their child, well I'll,pass it along. The satisfaction has been people telling me some of the things I have told them has changed their lives, do I think I'm special for that, nope not at all, but I'll tell ya, it's a damn good feeling. That's it nothing more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do your research first, make sure your gold dealer is reputable, also, do your research. Silver/gold coins fetch a higher premium compared to bullion.

Relying solely on gold is foolish though, its a good bet against inflation, but if all your eggs are in one basket, you'll be screwed if the price drops. I'd say diversify, and look for some stocks that may pay out as well. Firearms are a growth industry, pick up a copy of barrons and read through it.