Cemeterys Gun Blob

ACTION ALERT: 2/27 Morris County Residents

Well that was an overwhelmingly positive experience. We can definatly throw that one in the W column if anyone is keeping score.

Couldn't help but throw a grin on from ear to ear at the end of the whole thing and that guy was explaining the whole FID process. Saw multiple people look completly caught off gaurd and two women sitting next to me who presumably walked in the door pro gun control shot eachother looks as one said "I did not know that"

My faith in people is restored atleast temporarily. I think people want to be informed and follow the best course of action, there is just so much misinformation and propaganda out there

This is a complete waste of time. Panelists just reading predictable lectures off a piece of paper. No discussion. I can't believe these people are "prominent experts." A bunch of 10th graders could do better.

Anyone from the forum here? I'm sitting near the podium wearing green flannel and glasses.

It started out incredibly dry but I like where it all wound up. That lady on the panel had nothing constructive to say however and didn't even carry herself in an inteligent fashion

I was there (bright yellow shirt) and got the moderator to give me two minutes at the end to explain the FID process in NJ so that at least the gun haters in the audience could understand a little bit about how hard it is to buy a gun in this state.

I was there (bright yellow shirt) and got the moderator to give me two minutes at the end to explain the FID process in NJ so that at least the gun haters in the audience could understand a little bit about how hard it is to buy a gun in this state.

problem is, to the haters, if you can actually buy a gun, laws are too loose........and don't think I'm joking.....

Well done cemetery. I was there with you. You did well.

The meeting was very well done and a feel good.

I spoke to the organizer, and her words caused me some concern. She said, and I am paraphrasing, all the NJ SAFE meetings have been anti gun, so I put this one together.

I was at Newark and read about the other two. All three were massively pro 2A, yet it seems the perception is that it was the other way. That scares me. I told her about my experience at Newark. I hope the findings of NJ SAFE are made public.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I was there and have a feeling that the Antis stick out more then the Pro crowd. I am going to get some NRA and NJ2AS gear. I wish there was a better way to show who we are and what we are there for.

I was at the door green shirt and black zipup hoodie. I wanted to comment but there wasn't enough time.

I will make it to every meeting I can get to.

Great job on that topic. I'm sure more than a few were surprised that you can't, as one acquaintance told me, "walk into a Walmart and buy an AK-47."

It was an excellent experience, other than that annoying minister and the mind numbing psychologist woman.

Just like the SAFE meeting, I went in ready for a fight and was surprised to hear that everyone was so reasonable.

If normal people can get together and talk in good faith like that, why can't our politicians?

I don't know how anyone can say the SAFE meetings were anti-gun. At least the one in Newark wasn't so in the least. Was she even there?

I'm going to send her a thank you note for putting that together.

If everthng is now in the hands of the task force, how can we start bombing them with letters and emails? Anyone have good contact information?

The first thing I would advise the members of the task force to do would be to go to their police station and apply for an FID, even if they never intend to use it. How can you evaluate a process you know nothing about?

If everthng is now in the hands of the task force, how can we start bombing them with letters and emails? Anyone have good contact information?

The first thing I would advise the members of the task force to do would be to go to their police station and apply for an FID, even if they never intend to use it. How can you evaluate a process you know nothing about?

That's one of the best suggestions I've seen. I think it's a good argument point with a lot of the antis. Next time I engage one in conversation, I'll take it a step further and offer to pay the fees.

I was toward the back of the room sitting across the aisle from a young lady and her friend who were very intent on looking at their pre-written talking points. About a half hour before the end, she, her friend, and five or six other people got up quietly and left together. I think they were probably the organized opposition skulking out when they saw they were going to be able to accomplish nothing.