FishNHard

Your opinions on these 1911s to buy

Hey all

I have 2 permits on the way and looking to get a couple 45s since ive never owned one so i was at the sporting goods picking up a tikka 270 and ive look down in the case and seen a springfield that i been looking at for a while so the owners says i can put a deposit on it to hold it since guns are flying of the shelfs so i put a deposit on this one.

so as im looking around ive came across 2 more 45s that i like and would like to get your guys thoughts on them and get your opinions to burn my 2nd one on.

the first is a colt special goverment.

and the other is a sig scorpion

thanks for your help

John

I've got my eye on both the mc operator you first pictured and the sig scorpion. Just duno if I will p/u the scorpion or a kimber desert warrior. I have a kimber now that I really like.

What was the price on the springfield?

edit: I forgot to put in there that I have read the sig 1911's do not fit in normal 1911 holsters, you have to get one made for the sig. Not sure if this matters to you or not.

I handled the scorpion at a local shop recently and really liked it. Tough decision. Wish my permits would come back already...

I have the SA MC Operator and it is my favorite. I also have a Sig P220 Compact SAS and really like that as well. I am considering selling my P229 Platinum Elite 40, to buy either a P220 Extreme or the Scorpion. My buddy has the Colt 1911's equal to the SA MC and it is very nice as well. Bottom line...you can't go wrong with any of these.

If you can shoot them then do it.. if not they you need to hold, and rape one in your hand...kidding.. but if you can't shoot it's gotta feel right in your hand.

Springfield, Kimber and others are top of the line. You can buy a $2500 gun and not be able to hit the target.. look around befor making a decision.

shop shop shop and if you can test fire test fire test fire.

Good luck

the springfield was $1199 . The two tone od is relly nice , the colt is nice but really pricey at 1899 and the scorpion was 1049 from what i remember unfortunly i only put in for 2 permits LOL

Last time I was at Shore Shot they had a Scorpion for $950. That was about a month ago though.

what ammo do you guys recomend for 45s

I own a Kimber Pro Raptor. I've fired just about all brass rounds made and to be honest there all the same.

Some kick a little more(PMC) then others all will make your gun dirty. Shoot what you can find cheap if you progress into skilled matches then maybe step up. If I had a fav I guess it would be federal. But I own mostly PMC.

to be honest these guns are not costing me anything so to speak im an a electrician and i save all pieces of scrap and pile it up so far copper has bought me a new mathews bow a bushmaster xm15 and will buy both these pistols me and my wife sit watch tv and strip it because bare wire pays 3.50 a lb and ill take down around 3-4 hundered pounds every few months its really the only way i can treat myself plus having a great wife that says just buy it if you like it .

to be honest these guns are not costing me anything so to speak im an a electrician and i save all pieces of scrap and pile it up so far copper has bought me a new mathews bow a bushmaster xm15 and will buy both these pistols me and my wife sit watch tv and strip it because bare wire pays 3.50 a lb and ill take down around 3-4 hundered pounds every few months its really the only way i can treat myself plus having a great wife that says just buy it if you like it .

You sir are a lucky man...

I vote springfield. Been partial to springers lately

I have a sig tac ops and it is a pleasure to shoot. A tac Ops is the same as a scorpion just color and number of mags. That price is about 300 too high IMHO... check gun broker and get it shipped in. I paid less then 900 for my tacops last year.

Sigs do need special holsters unless you buy there classic line. They are great guns. Love mine... had a colt and a SA... I miss only the colt.