Sign in to follow this  
sicrado

Interesting technology 3-d printing mags & AR lowers

I have been following this kid from texas for a couple of months now & he has really been making leaps & bounds printing reliable gun parts. Apparently he has a background in engineering & is a (current/grad?) law student. They now have plans for what seems to be a (relatively) reliable AR magazines & lowers. I'm surprised he's still off the radar and hasn't been getting any (bad) press. Also he releases all his blueprints so people can print their own stuff at home using the entry level 3D printers. (Still $$$$). Pretty interesting subject & concept... and (I think) very controversial. What do you guys think?

"Cuomo" AR Mag

AR Lower

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAW72Y_XPF4

Company site

http://defensedistributed.com/

Its going to take the use of upgraded materials, but it will happen..if the dimensions work out all thats left is a better grade plastic.. And we have discussed his work a few months ago when it hit a news station in the south. Just surprised politicians havent started banning 3d printers yet.