AnthonyC83

Have you ever been questioned about your pinned higher cap mags

RO-"excuse me sir, how many rounds does that magazine hold?"

Me- "none of your God damn business"

RO- "carry on"

this was a joke, for the people here that can't take one

I think you're mistaken. No manufacturer makes a device to produce more recoil. If you go to Spike's website thay sate for all their compemsators,

The Spike’s Tactical Dynacomp is a 5.56 muzzle device designed to reduce recoil impulse and muzzle climb to provide faster follow up shots. The Dynacomp's accomplish this by balancing the direction of the blast along the vertical (upward) and perpendicular planes of the muzzle to lower muzzle rise, while the end of the device restricts forward energy to reduce parallel recoil.

What you are perceiving as more recoil is likely muzzle blast. People are usually more sensitive to muzzle blast than recoil.

I never said it was made to produce more recoil, I said that it had "slightly more felt recoil" compared to other rifles Ive shot, and having shot my rifle along with 2 other rifles back to back (both were similar to mine except the muzzle, one a had YHM brake and the other a RRA tactical brake). I can say that mine did have more felt recoil than the other 2, because like I said in the post you quoted it makes the gun recoil straight back into your shoulder, instead of upwards and backwards.

Yea I get asked everytime I go to Range 14. Every RO that walks by has to ask me how many rounds it holds. It is kind of annoying after the 3rd time in an hour, but they are just doing their job. It is their range and they are there to make sure everyone is safe and abide's by NJ laws. We here on this forum may be smart and lawful, but there are ALOT of idiots out there who do stupid things or try and get away with stupid things. No telling if I picked up that 30 mag in PA or somewhere else, or maybe I am from out of state and bringing a 30 round mag to the range in NJ. Both I am sure are frequent scenarios.

When it comes to safety or keeping my ass out of trouble, I can deal with a few questions.

Also the 15/30 Pmags I have weren't any more expensive than regular mags. I prefer the longer 30 round mags because that is what I am used to shooting with, comfortable handling, and If I ever move out of state or shoot out of state, I can easily convert them to full 30 rounds etc.

It is all a matter of preference.

Yea I get asked everytime I go to Range 14. Every RO that walks by has to ask me how many rounds it holds. It is kind of annoying after the 3rd time in an hour, but they are just doing their job. It is their range and they are there to make sure everyone is safe and abide's by NJ laws. We here on this forum may be smart and lawful, but there are ALOT of idiots out there who do stupid things or try and get away with stupid things. No telling if I picked up that 30 mag in PA or somewhere else, or maybe I am from out of state and bringing a 30 round mag to the range in NJ. Both I am sure are frequent scenarios.

When it comes to safety or keeping my ass out of trouble, I can deal with a few questions.

what does the fact that a mag holds more then 15 rounds have to do with safety?

Yea I get asked everytime I go to Range 14. Every RO that walks by has to ask me how many rounds it holds. It is kind of annoying after the 3rd time in an hour, but they are just doing their job. It is their range and they are there to make sure everyone is safe and abide's by NJ laws.

What? This is a completely false statement.

Ohhh snap! :D

Bring a drum mag pinned to 15, lets see what they say.

Exactly what I was thinking! Lol. They might just call the police without even asking you if you pulled out a pinned drum. Haha

what does the fact that a mag holds more then 15 rounds have to do with safety?

It doesn't, I was saying that when it comes to my safety or keeping me out of trouble with the law, I don't care if the RO asks or inquires about anything. The RO is there to make sure everyone on the firing line is acting in a safe and lawful manner; It is their prerogative to ask anything they feel necessary to achieve this.

What? This is a completely false statement.

Your right, I felt like making up this statement for attention....you got me! :girlwacko: How would you know it is a false statement?

Have you been to the range with me? AND if by chance you happen to be an RO at Range-14, have you personally seen me shoot or have been within ear shot of every conversation or comment made between myself and an RO there?

Your right, I felt like making up this statement for attention....you got me! :girlwacko: How would you know it is a false statement?

Have you been to the range with me? AND if by chance you happen to be an RO at Range-14, have you personally seen me shoot or have been within ear shot of every conversation or comment made between myself and an RO there?

that they are doing their job. it's not a "safety" issue if a mag holds more than 15 rounds. the fact that you concented to an illegal search is funny to me.

I never said the capacity of a magazine makes it safe or unsafe. I stated the ROs are there to make sure everyone is safe and legal. An illegal search? They asked me a question, I answered. Sorry I am not a dickhead and need to pick a fight with someone that is trying to do their job at a place I enjoy going to.

Besides any RO on any range has the power to remove you from the line. You don't need to answer their questions, but then again they don't need to allow you to shoot at THEIR range. Funny how that works right?

Maybe you should be picking fights with all the anti-gun nuts and not anyone on these boards, especially me when I am trying to support a local range.

I never said the capacity of a magazine makes it safe or unsafe. I stated the ROs are there to make sure everyone is safe and legal. An illegal search? They asked me a question, I answered. Sorry I am not a dickhead and need to pick a fight with someone that is trying to do their job at a place I enjoy going to.

Besides any RO on any range has the power to remove you from the line. You don't need to answer their questions, but then again they don't need to allow you to shoot at THEIR range. Funny how that works right?

Maybe you should be picking fights with all the anti-gun nuts and not anyone on these boards, especially me when I am trying to support a local range.

listen, i'm just saying that you think they are doing their job by checking your magazine capacity but i'm telling you it's not

if you were doing stupid chit or whatever and they called you out then that's them doing their job

I still love you, and I will always love you.

Well I am glad you love me, but your saying that an RO is allowed to let someone use an illegal item on the range? What is the standard then on the range? What if it is a weapon that is considered illegal in NJ?

If the range rules state that any customers of the range must abide by state laws, then it is 100% in the RO right to check your magazine capacity.

Well I am glad you love me, but your saying that an RO is allowed to let someone use an illegal item on the range? What is the standard then on the range? What if it is a weapon that is considered illegal in NJ?

If the range rules state that any customers of the range must abide by state laws, then it is 100% in the RO right to check your magazine capacity.

He's an RO, not a cop. That's all I'm saying. Thanks for chatting.

Well I guess you can live in your fantasy land but if you violate the rules of a private business, they have more than the right to ask you to leave. Not just a gun range but any business. Private business, private property reigns supreme.

An RO doesn't need to be a cop. They are an employee of a private business.

Years ago I used to work at a range, not range 14, but I've seen plenty of people kicked out or asked not to use firearms illegal in NJ if they wanted to shoot, including firearms that had magazines higher than legal capacity. Guess what? Private business has the say over their business as long as that business is abiding by the law. Someone wants to argue or be disruptive? They can be told to leave and if they refuse, the police can be called to physically remove the person. I have also seen this happen when working retail while in college.

So your wrong, sorry. When it comes to firearms, its better to be safe than sorry. Play by the rules, not just for yourself but for our entire community. You never know who is watching. Set a positive example, don't end up a negative one.

At CR there are 3 rules:

No full auto

Nothing on wheels

Nothing on a tripod.

Oh and 50BMG only on Thursday afternoons and Saturday afternoons. Not really a rule, but discrimination of you ask me.

They actually say at their safety meeting that they are not there to enforce the law. Abiding by PRNJ's unconstitutional laws is up to you. And the only one accountable is you. I know, personal responsibility, what a concept.

There was a rumor that NJSP was at CR checking for legality and the executive director responded that that would never happen.

Safety and legality are 2 different things in my humble opinion.

Your mileage may vary, all models over 18.

At CR there are 3 rules:

No full auto

Nothing on wheels

Nothing on a tripod.

Oh and 50BMG only on Thursday afternoons and Saturday afternoons. Not really a rule, but discrimination of you ask me.

They actually say at their safety meeting that they are not there to enforce the law. Abiding by PRNJ's unconstitutional laws is up to you. And the only one accountable is you. I know, personal responsibility, what a concept.

There was a rumor that NJSP was at CR checking for legality and the executive director responded that that would never happen.

Your mileage may vary, all models over 18.

Exactly, Laws and safety are two different things. Range rules are different at every range. The point is, if it is the range's rules to not allow high capacity magazines or that all their shooters must abide by NJ state law then an RO has the right to ask. If those rules don't exist on that range, and it is more of personal responsibility then that is different.

CR DEFINITELY has more rules than that lol. What about the silly one where you can't shoot at a target resembling a person?

At CR there are 3 rules:

No full auto

Nothing on wheels

Nothing on a tripod.

check and mate

thanks for posting dude

Exactly, Laws and safety are two different things. Range rules are different at every range. The point is, if it is the range's rules to not allow high capacity magazines or that all their shooters must abide by NJ state law then an RO has the right to ask. If those rules don't exist on that range, and it is more of personal responsibility then that is different.

CR DEFINITELY has more rules than that lol. What about the silly one where you can't shoot at a target resembling a person?

Sorry, I should have said "firearm rules" and the target thing is "targets that show a real person" zombies, Silhouettes etc all good.

And there are many rules on how you should conduct yourself concerning safety involving muzzles, buzzers and flashing lights. Nothing about magazines, flash suppressors or collapsable stocks. And a few about ammo. And eye protection and hearing protection.

Many rules. None about PRNJ'S laws.

Amen!

Tell them 30 and let them call NJSP. if the cops have time to waste to roll out and investigate, so be it. (While Newark and Camden crumble.)

This would be bad advice and would bring unnecessary attention to you as a NJ state resident that you don't need.

Range 14 is not a "business" per se. It is a Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) activity of Ft Dix for active, reserve, and retired military. IIRC these were the only people it used to be open to. There was a DoD or DA directive some time ago that encouraged installations to open range facilities to the general public.

MWR facilities are required to use any "profit" to improve and maintain their facility so R14 is not a business. It also doesn't want to be seen as a haven for people to use firearms and magazines illiegal in NJ. While NJ law,generally doesn't apply on a Federal installation there is nothing stopping DoD Police from arresting you and charging you under NJ law if you have something illegal.

Just food for thought.

Range 14 is not a "business" per se. It is a Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) activity of Ft Dix for active, reserve, and retired military. IIRC these were the only people it used to be open to. There was a DoD or DA directive some time ago that encouraged installations to open range facilities to the general public.

MWR facilities are required to use any "profit" to improve and maintain thit alse facility so R14 is not a business. It also doesn't want to be seen as a haven for people to use firearms and magazines illiegal in NJ. While NJ law,generally doesn't apply on a Federal installation there is nothing stopping DoD Police from arresting you and charging you under NJ law if you have something illegal.

Just food for thought.

Thank you for posting that, very informative. I did not know some of that information.