iRescue

Here's where Booker is at on gun control

I know this won't come as a shock to you, but...

Via Cory Booker's Twitter feed:

@CoryBooker "I understand we need to have a bill in congress that can pass but I'm deeply disappointed that support isn't there 4 an assault weapons ban."

And hes the guy looking at a 2014 run for Lautenberg's seat..

I know this won't come as a shock to you, but...

Via Cory Booker's Twitter feed:

@CoryBooker "I understand we need to have a bill in congress that can pass but I'm deeply disappointed that support isn't there 4 an assault weapons ban."

And hes the guy looking at a 2014 run for Lautenberg's seat..

If the NJ Republicans actually get Lautenmummy's seat, I'll eat my shoe.

I think it's time to start getting true Conservatives that run on the Democrat's platform in NJ. As the Conservative campaigns, use the same talking points as the Dem and promise all kinds of FREE stuff. Once he/she gets into office, be the Conservative that he/She is! Which is the oath they took...The Constitution. I guess the Conservative could simply say "I believed everything I campaigned on until I took a Constitutional oath then realized everything I campaigned on was not Constitutional". Hey, the Dems do it all the time and a lot of Republicans. It's time we play their games....

I think it's time to start getting true Conservatives that run on the Democrat's platform in NJ. As the Conservative campaigns, use the same talking points as the Dem and promise all kinds of FREE stuff. Once he/she gets into office, be the Conservative that he/She is! Which is the oath they took...The Constitution. I guess the Conservative could simply say "I believed everything I campaigned on until I took a Constitutional oath then realized everything I campaigned on was not Constitutional". Hey, the Dems do it all the time and a lot of Republicans. It's time we play their games....

...good luck with that!

It would be very difficult if not impossible to find a candidate to beat Booker in this state. There are many things that I do to try and influence our law makers and many ways I support candidates that are conservative and support our 2A rights. But I just don't see any way to influence this.

He specifically said there has been only one shooting in Newark with a legally owned gun.

Typical politician. Hopefully his actions will mirror his first statement and not the second. It's cheap to pander through twitter. It's a different political calculus to get pulled into another messy legislative morass.

If his sights are set on NJ only politics then he will be fine voicing an anti-2A position. But, if he has aspirations beyond NJ, like the White House, then he really needs to at least appear as a moderate on gun control.

Depends where he wants to go and when.

and the 1 shooting he talks about was a Correction's Officer that committed suicide. That doesn't fit the model of a murderous gun-crime so it's effectively at ZERO shootings when it comes to legally owned guns in Newark the whole time he's been mayor.

I know Lautenmummy was in the hospital recently. What if he couldn't keep his office due to illness before the next election? The Gov would get to select his replacement until Nov 2014. That would help keep the seat because incumbents usually are hard to beat. (I know I'm wishing on a star but it could happen, hopefully...)