Sign in to follow this  
brucin

Women love Italian designs

The Wife and I will soon be purchasing our first guns. My wife before me as my employer is holding up the process but I digress

We took lessons with a Glock 17 9mm. She liked the size but was not in love with it. I was not a fan of the grip but it is a fine pistol. We then tried a Glock 19 9mm. Wife hated it because of the size. I liked the trigger but could take it or leave it.

Then we tried the Beretta Storm 9 mm. She loved it. Didn't mind the DA/SA trigger one bit. We felt it had a little more recoil than the Glocks but we used different ammo. I'm not sure if that was the cause.

Bottom line is shoes, dresses, handbags, and handguns. Women love Italian designs.

The Wife and I will soon be purchasing our first guns. My wife before me as my employer is holding up the process but I digress

We took lessons with a Glock 17 9mm. She liked the size but was not in love with it. I was not a fan of the grip but it is a fine pistol. We then tried a Glock 19 9mm. Wife hated it because of the size. I liked the trigger but could take it or leave it.

Then we tried the Beretta Storm 9 mm. She loved it. Didn't mind the DA/SA trigger one bit. We felt it had a little more recoil than the Glocks but we used different ammo. I'm not sure if that was the cause.

Bottom line is shoes, dresses, handbags, and handguns. Women love Italian designs.

Its so true. As soon as my wife held the Beretta Cheetah in her hand I knew she was gonna buy it, and she did...

...my employer is holding up the process but I digress...

Why should your employer be holding up the process? The only thing that your local PD are supposed to do with your employer, is verify employment. The employer should not be informed that it is for a FPID or P2P - just verify employment.

If your PD has used your employer as a defacto reference, and has informed them that you intend to purchase a firearm, or that the reason they are verifying employment is for a firearm purchase, they are in contravention of NJAC13:54-1.15, which states: Any background investigation conducted by the chief of police, the Superintendent or the county prosecutor, of any applicant for a permit, firearms identification card license, or registration, in accordance with the requirements of this chapter, is not a public record and shall not be disclosed to any person not authorized by law or this chapter to have access to such investigation, including the applicant. Any application for a permit, firearms identification card, or license, and any document reflecting the issuance or denial of such permit, firearms identification card, or license, and any permit, firearms identification card, license, certification, certificate, form of register, or registration statement, maintained by any State or municipal governmental agency, is not a public record and shall not be disclosed to any person not authorized by law or this chapter to have access to such documentation, including the applicant, except on the request of persons acting in their governmental capacities for purposes of the administration of justice.

At the very least inform the NJ2AS as to which PD is doing this, and, if you can, furnish them with whatever document they sent your employer.

Sorry to digress :D

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Why should your employer be holding up the process? The only thing that your local PD are supposed to do with your employer, is verify employment. The employer should not be informed that it is for a FPID or P2P - just verify employment.

If your PD has used your employer as a defacto reference, and has informed them that you intend to purchase a firearm, or that the reason they are verifying employment is for a firearm purchase, they are in contravention of NJAC13:54-1.15, which states: Any background investigation conducted by the chief of police, the Superintendent or the county prosecutor, of any applicant for a permit, firearms identification card license, or registration, in accordance with the requirements of this chapter, is not a public record and shall not be disclosed to any person not authorized by law or this chapter to have access to such investigation, including the applicant. Any application for a permit, firearms identification card, or license, and any document reflecting the issuance or denial of such permit, firearms identification card, or license, and any permit, firearms identification card, license, certification, certificate, form of register, or registration statement, maintained by any State or municipal governmental agency, is not a public record and shall not be disclosed to any person not authorized by law or this chapter to have access to such documentation, including the applicant, except on the request of persons acting in their governmental capacities for purposes of the administration of justice.

At the very least inform the NJ2AS as to which PD is doing this, and, if you can, furnish them with whatever document they sent your employer.

Sorry to digress :D

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I was just informed today that my employer has finally sent back the forms. 17 days for 5 questions.

My employer would not say what the form said other than it was more than just employment verification. My guess and it's just a guess is that it was the same form that was sent to my references. I plan on applying for another P2P so we'll see if I can get a look at it then.

My wife applied around the same time I did and I assume the same forms were sent to her employer but her company, a fairly large NJ based real estate company just filled it out. My company a fairly large NJ based print media firm had to make a big deal about it.