Jeff

Getting an NJ Carry Permit

Question to all-- what type of investigation (if any) occurs for companies that *employ* armed security? I am sure there are legal holes here, but what would prevent you from starting your own company, and then hiring yourself to provide the CEO of that company (i.e. you) armed executive protection? Wishful thinking, or could this work?

Question to all-- what type of investigation (if any) occurs for companies that *employ* armed security? I am sure there are legal holes here, but what would prevent you from starting your own company, and then hiring yourself to provide the CEO of that company (i.e. you) armed executive protection? Wishful thinking, or could this work?

I think it would work. You can probably get a 24/7 permit as the CEO with a need to respond at any time. But you'd have to incorporate, be licensed by the state as a security company, get the state required training for security officers, carry required insurance, etc etc.

A lot more than saying you are in business

Doesn't anyone search anymore? There are a few threads on this already with extensive info... Guess cavemen love re-inventing the wheel hey?

RIF!!!!

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Raises some interesting questions-

Can anyone hire armed security?

Does the business owner have to show some kind of justification (deals w/ lots of cash, has been threatened, etc)?

What about individuals? Can I hire armed security, so long as I can afford it?

I think it would work. You can probably get a 24/7 permit as the CEO with a need to respond at any time. But you'd have to incorporate, be licensed by the state as a security company, get the state required training for security officers, carry required insurance, etc etc.

A lot more than saying you are in business

I would imagine in addition to all this, you would also need to show some profits for your business, especially when you go for your two year renewal.

Ultimately, you will need to convince a judge that you "justifiable need" is warranted, the prosecutor will be asking a lot of questions at your hearing.

I was an armed security guard. Basicly it's a limited permit to carry. In English.... You had to follow all gun laws until you get to work. Load and arm yourself. After work, unload and store your gun.

You cant carry to or from work.

I was an armed security guard. Basicly it's a limited permit to carry. In English.... You had to follow all gun laws until you get to work. Load and arm yourself. After work, unload and store your gun.

You cant carry to or from work.

Back in the 80's I had a friend who skipped college and got hired as a CO. So one night he drove up to campus to pick me up before we went to the bars and he was sporting a pistol in his waistband to impress the girls.

I was thinking that was probably a really bad idea but just kept my distance.

Really....?

Yes really. Anyone can be an armed security guard. LEO gets exempted from the training for SORA certification but non-LEO can get a SORA card with the training. Private detectives, same thing except it's a different process/license than SORA. Retired LE may be better due to their police experience but nothing is stopping any individual with a clean record.

Nice try, still HIGHLY unlikely...

I am convinced it all comes down to who you know. Was at an FFL yesterday and he had a brief case on his desk with a gun he worked up for a customer. He went on to explain that the brief case had a piece of Kevlar in it so the customer would have a safe place to point the weapon to clear it etc. I asked where would he need to do that and he said in his office, where there are people on the floor below him. The guy is a doctor. I was like wow he must have some tough patients. He then went on to explain the doctor was issued a carry permit because he does house calls and carrys narcotics and has been followed.

Meanwhile that guy was kidnapped and nearly killed and he had to appeal to finally get his permit.....