555R

Troy claymore muzzle brake or sure fire mb556k

I have the Surefire on my POF and the Troy Medival on my .22 AR. I like them both, but the Surefire directs everything, I mean everything out the sides. It's what my friends who have to potentially use AR's indoors call a "buddy fucker".

I tried them all.

Claymore mostly directs everything in front of you. Easier on your ears, but you will feel more recoil(acutally muzzle flip). Good for shorter barrels.

Medieval reduces recoil or muzzle flip, but is loud and flashy (I like), others will hate.

Both are great especially for the money and badass looks! Both can be used for breaching.

I did sell the claymore and kept the medieval.

Surefire is gonna be loud, flashy and pricey, but reduces flip nicely.

Since no cans legal here and couldnt justify the price, I replaced it with a battlecomp, but then found a dynacomp (awesome).

All are ok in NJ as long as pinned/welded and barrel length is 16" total. Not sure of overall length of the rifle.

But if you shoot them at an indoor range, baboom!

I have the Surefire and the battlecomp.

Pricing is what it is. I did not see myself staying in NJ and the state I move to will allow cans. My decisions were based on adaptability after I leave nj.

The SF is loud and flashy but reduces muzzle rise very nicely.

I haven't shot the battlecomp yet but reviews said its a balance. Little more muzzle ride than the SF but less noise. I don't shoot indoors , so noise is not a major concern at the moment and I wouldn't grab my AR for HD, as I have a different carbine for that.

I have the Surefire and the battlecomp.

Pricing is what it is. I did not see myself staying in NJ and the state I move to will allow cans. My decisions were based on adaptability after I leave nj.

The SF is loud and flashy but reduces muzzle rise very nicely.

Leave NJ and your castle behind? Man I wish I had your house! Sar still says to me how much she loved your place!

Totally with you on the brakes and I like the noise.

Which state you thinking?

It's a toss up between FL and TX. We like our house but just not the climate here. Both FL has the climate we want on all front.

I kinda like the cold but kristen not so much. By the summer I think we will have all loose projects done and ready to be put on the market.

It's a toss up between FL and TX. We like our house but just not the climate here. Both FL has the climate we want on all front.

I kinda like the cold but kristen not so much. By the summer I think we will have all loose projects done and ready to be put on the market.

You know the states to go to!

Only warning on the Troy brakes are that they are a PITA to pin. Make sure the smith has a carbide bit to drill the hole, or he's gonna have a lot of broken bits. The Troy brakes are super hard so standard HSS or Cobalt bits won't cut it.