Bugsy732

Picking up my Sig 2022 this weekend... amped!

So I'm picking up my first Sig 2022 in .40 S&W this weekend. Got a sweet deal on the pistol 3 mags and holster and am just waiting on my NICS to be completed. I'm so anxious to get out and shoot her..

Does any one on the boards have one of these? any thoughts or things i should be concious of?

THanks

zap

I used to have one and sold it, it just wasn't my thing.

The only thing I can think of to pass along is that it's not a popular enough gun to have holsters stocked by some mfrs (at least it wasn't a few years ago). If you want a holster order it well in advance. Blade Tech, for example, can make you one but it will be a month or so.

I was undecided on getting a Sig 2022 or M&P 40 and I looked at one of these this past weekend. Would like to fire both before I decide. It felt really nice in hand but was noticeably heavy compared to some other 40 cal I have held. The only thing I did not like was the cheap plastic guide rod that was on the gun. I do know if this is a Sig specific thing or just this model. I know that these can be swapped out pretty easily. Let us know how it shoots.

Nice pistol. Congrats. Very overlooked pistol. A coworker that I got into shooting, picked one up as her 1st pistol. I've shot it a bit and it's very accurate w/ a great DA/SA trigger. I personally find the ergo's a little weird, but all in all, a nice pistol.

I own one in 9mm and I may pick another up in the future in .40. I haven't had a lot of rounds through mine yet, but from my limited use, I enjoy shooting it just as much as any of my other pistols. I am disappointed these only come with a single magazine from the factory. I'm also not a fan of the plastic guide rod, but I'll order a replacement soon for that. As for holsters, I got a Serpa for it, and I've been happy with it.

I see 10rd mags for the .40 SP2022 on ebay all the time, and they are going for relatively normal prices it seems. I just got a spare 9mm 10rd for around a pre-scare price off ebay. I'd obviously prefer 15s, but extra mags never hurt, and I only had 3 mags for it.

Enjoy your new gun!

I have it in 9 mm. It is accurate, reliable and easy to clean. I shoot American Eagle thru it with no issues. It fits my hand comfortably, but some with larger hands may not find it as comfortable. Holsters that are specific to the gun are not plentiful, but you can find them online.

I've got one in 9mm with about 7000 rounds through it w/ no problems. Plastic guide rod held up fine. This gun has a little bit of an odd feel too it, but it's a very solid performer and totally underrated- actually unnoticed. You'll be happy with the feel, function, and performance.

I am sure you will love it. I have yet to meet a Sig I did not like. I had one on order with Bud's last xmas but after 4 weeks they still could not tell me when they would be able to ship it with xmas days away I ended up getting a Scorpion P229 with the SRT. Loved that gun but as usual, another gun winked at me and I sold it to buy my new love. :)