JLF

When they send the letter of employment request does it state why?

Sorry if this has been answered before I was skimming around looking for the answer. When you apply for your ID do they tell your employer it is in regards to firearms? Or is each municipality different?

I guess I am just a little nervous and don't need my company (a national corporation) deciding to put in my employee file that I own a fire arm (if that is even legal?) I suppose the paranoia stems from the fact that I work in the medical field and had to have multiple background checks done before I could even be around patients.

I believe they're not supposed to indicate why but often do despite the law. My PD said it was just employment verification, but the HR person showed me the form and it was the same the references receive with firearms related questions. Even if it is just verification, return address can be firearms investigation unit.

Can't answer your question but I just put I was a student and they didn't ask any questing about that

Lying on the S.T.S. 033 form isn't a very good suggestion.

Because I didn't want to forget by the time I get home :p jeez

I haven't seen the form that the Lacey P.D. sends out, but it's likely to have firearms investigation on it. Your mother didn't have any issues.

In my town, although in May they are ending job verification letters and they will not contact your employer, I was given the letter to hand to my job and it clearly says you are applying for a fire arms ID card and or permits. It also has three questions, 1. How long employed there 2. Are you of good moral character. 3 And please describe applicant in a few words.

Woman handling my papers said this was useless info they never used which is why they are stopping the job request.

I just don't think its moral or ethical for the government to be informing our employers of our private actions... I'd rather there be a law about that then all these other B.S. laws...

I certainly agree with you. However, this sort of crap is what a democratic majority gets you. Welcome to Nazi Jersey.

How would they even know who to address the letter to in a large corporation? Do some of you give them your supervisors/HR name.

Name of Employer: Company X

Address: We're global with 50+ locations so I use the address of the office I work in

Phone Number: the 800 number we use for employment verification.

Even if they sent a letter it would never leave the mail room since its not addressed to anyone.

Hoboken specifically sent a letter to my employer, stating I had applied for a handgun permit and asked if there was any reason they knew of that I should not be permitted to own a firearm.

They then asked a series of questions such as my social security number, address, etc.

They had no return instructions, no return envelope, etc.

I had it sent directly to my boss. He signed it and filled out the info indent of me. Then I mailed the letter back myself to the PD main address. Luckily I am cool with him and have been working at my company for 8 years.

This is exactly why the process takes months. They make the approval process complicated and provide no instructions to references and employers.

You have to micro manage the process from start to finish. I did and I got my permit 2 weeks after being finger printed.

I can't micro manage it with a national corporation :/ and my boss is covering for another district in north jersey for 2+ months. I am certainly not about to ask them to cover the supervisor, bah!

Filled out my initial paperwork tonight and just put H.R. for the North East Division

I just put N/A. They never questioned it.

Yeah.... Not feeling up to neglecting to mention things on very important documents...

How would they even know who to address the letter to in a large corporation? Do some of you give them your supervisors/HR name.

This right here.

Of course I don't even know if they send out the employment letter in Lacey township...

Name of Employer: Company X

Address: We're global with 50+ locations so I use the address of the office I work in

Phone Number: the 800 number we use for employment verification.

Even if they sent a letter it would never leave the mail room since its not addressed to anyone.

They don't know. They ask for employer, I give it. They ask for address, I give them the address they can mail stuff to me at work.

Hoboken specifically sent a letter to my employer, stating I had applied for a handgun permit and asked if there was any reason they knew of that I should not be permitted to own a firearm. They then asked a series of questions such as my social security number, address, etc. They had no return instructions, no return envelope, etc. I had it sent directly to my boss. He signed it and filled out the info indent of me. Then I mailed the letter back myself to the PD main address. Luckily I am cool with him and have been working at my company for 8 years. This is exactly why the process takes months. They make the approval process complicated and provide no instructions to references and employers. You have to micro manage the process from start to finish. I did and I got my permit 2 weeks after being finger printed.

This..

I live in Hoboken as well and for each of my handgun permits they sent a letter to my employer (large bank) stating specifically that I was applying for multiple handgun permits. My management was fine with it as we have a good relationship, but it definitely was a odd conversation at first.

No clue why it's necessary or why they need to get so specific.

My employer will not verify employment. They use a third party that charges the requester. I emailed my pd the info to that service but I don't know if they followed through. I doubt it since it costs money. I also emailed them from work so maybe that was enough verification. Still got my Id with no delay.