laabci

Snap cap alternatives ?

Make your own, old casing, remove primer, replace with pencil eraser, plenty of resources online, also you can replace primer with hot glue. You have to look theses methods up to learn proper method

Exactly what I was going to post! +1

I just read a few days ago, that some use the plastic drywall inserts. I'll see if I can find that info.

Edit: Here is a link to another forum talking about the drywall inserts, use for .22lr guns.

http://www.ksccw.com/showthread.php?t=35532

If it's another caliber gun, sorry I can't help there.

Some good suggestions here already. I buy the expensive commercial snapcaps and use them so much I manage to wear them out. Another option for infrequent use is to use an empty casing, and after a couple of snaps use another one. I think a spent primer still offers some cushioning for a few more hits, though I don't much like the idea of chambering and dropping the hammer on anything brass in the house.

find a friend with a press and have him load some actual practice rounds, dont put powder in it, and leave the old spent primer in it.

I do this for practice reloads on revolver. Same weight and feel for the real thing vs plastic dummy caps.

For 22s....go to Home Depot and get #4-6x7/8 in. yellow ribbed plastic anchors. You can get a box of 100 for like $3.00. They work great and usually can even be cycled.

post-3628-0-99706800-1367238749_thumb.jpg