Sign in to follow this  
bl@ckvr4

What should I expect on Friday?

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. I am submitting for an FID card(forms STS33 and SP66) this Friday since my job's hours don't allow me to make it to the township building Monday-Thursday.

• I have two copies of STS33 filled out .
  • I have two copies of SP66 filled out.
  • I am applying for two pistol permits.

I just wanted to know what I should bring with me when I hand in the forms. I am bringing my driver's license, obviously. I know I also need to bring $5 for the FID application and $2 for each of my pistol permits. Can these be paid with in cash? Is there anything else I need to bring with me?

This is in Cherry Hill, by the way. I know, I know. I've been reading some of your guys' experiences in the area and apparently Cherry Hill has a pretty poor reputation. Regardless, I want to take the initiative and apply anyway.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I don't believe cash is accepted but that could vary from town to town.

Money order is probably your best bet. However, you should not need to pay until your documents are ready.

Have your driver's license or passport with you. I was not required to submit a photocopy but that could vary as well.

I don't believe cash is accepted but that could vary from town to town.

Money order is probably your best bet. However, you should not need to pay until your documents are ready.

Have your driver's license or passport with you. I was not required to submit a photocopy but that could vary as well.

That does vary by town. I pay in cash at time of application and permits are mailed to me when ready.

I would suggest you put down 5 pistol permits and pay the extra fees. If you get something, you might decide that you don't like it and with renewals, you would have time and ability to "trade" it.

If it is your first time, you will need to make an appointment to go somewhere and get your fingerprints taken. I don't know how that is paid, but, I don't believe you pay the police station anything at the time of application. Just the place with the fingerprints. When picking up your permit, though, you will need to pay $5.00 for your permit and have the one fingerprint done on it when picking it up. You would also have to pay $2.00 for each permit. If I recall, you pay the place around $60 for fingerprinting, background check, etc. And, when completing forms, do not sign mental health form. You will need to sign in presence of police department personnel. I don't remember, but you will probably need to have copies of your license and birth certificate when applying and you will need to have the name, address, and phone number of two non-relative references when submitting the application. Additionally, you will need to have an address and contact information for your work.

I agree with asking for 5 permits or a least 4 even if you decide not to use them. Although If you get five you will not be able to use all of them in 180 days if you try to buy from a shop all 5 times with the current NICS wait times. You may find a good deal from a member here and there's no need for the wait( only 30 days from last purchase).

I paid my fees by check so I could see when the check was posted and follow the while process.

Alright. I'll go ahead and make photocopies of the required pieces of documentation. I'll also make sure to call and find out if cash is an acceptable form of payment.

As for the 5 permits thing, I've already tried a wide variety of pistols and I have decided on the ones that I would like to own. Wouldn't 5 permits be a bit overkill?

Thanks for all the advice. If anyone else can chime in, I would appreciate it.