Also keep in mind, in Europe, the receiver may not be the control part.... 

For instance... here, on a handgun, the fame is the "firearm", in Europe, it is the slide/barrel.

If she can legally acquire the guns there... keep them there.  

Well, I am unfamiliar with the regulations on importing firearms parts, but your wife should be able to mail you a complete SKS sans receiver. I know I can mail a complete gun across country that way to whomever.

Perhaps even on checked luggage. Again, I don't know exactly how things work but only the serialized part is considered a firearm per the ATF.

I'd call an 01 FFL and see what they can do. Another problem is... Getting it out of Albania. That I don't know anything about.

Shipping within the US and Into the US are two totally different things. You can ship a box of apples to Alabama from NJ no problem, but you cannot enter the US with any fruit what so ever. You need to check the import regulations before trying to ship gun parts., and as others have said the parts may be controlled in Albania.

This is why he wants them

The Albanian SKS is now the rarest of all "imported" varieties of SKS found in the world, outside of the North Korean, East German, and Vietnamese models that were war "bring backs", with very few in existence.

Estimated production of Albanians over the years is shown in this chart, with figures gathered and put together by Glen Burton:

1967- 980

1968- 570

1969- 2800

1970- 2980

1971- 2620

1976- 160

1977- 660

1978- 4960

1979- 800

Undated- 420

Each rifle can sell for a minimium of $700

You also left out the fact that about 75% of these were destroyed because of a UN treaty after the Balkans wars.

You also left out the fact that about 75% of these were destroyed because of a UN treaty after the Balkans wars.

Hmmm, I didn't know that.

I do know that in many countries the barrel and or bolt are actually considered the firearm, funny since in some of these countries you can buy a Colt M16 lower without any paperwork but the barrel and or bolt requires paperwork.

Hmmm, I didn't know that.

I do know that in many countries the barrel and or bolt are actually considered the firearm, funny since in some of these countries you can buy a Colt M16 lower without any paperwork but the barrel and or bolt requires paperwork.

To be honest that makes a little more sense than the lower receiver being the controlled part stateside

I just got a collector grade condition 1970 Albanian SKS off Gunbroker and it cost me 700... it is at the FFL waiting for NICS to go through (OMG In Bayonne). Comes with orginal sling and oiler as well. I'm posting pics when I get it.

Anyway I was going to make a topic asking about just this. I am going to Albania next summer and I was wondering how difficult and expensive transferring a firearm between countries is. Sadly it looks like it will be a huge hassle... as I guessed. Well I am going to look for surplus SKS slings, oilers, and ammo pouches as was requested of me at the SKS Boards. I know my family over there owns everything from old flintlock pistols to fully automatic ak-47s but they are from the Kosovo war and hardly legal lol

To be honest that makes a little more sense than the lower receiver being the controlled part stateside

I think it was in Germany, the Govt. was deactivating HK G3 rifles and the receivers were left fully intact! The only thing they did was grind the bolt down and drill holes in the barrel/plug it with a steel rod and weld the rod.

I just got a collector grade condition 1970 Albanian SKS off Gunbroker and it cost me 700... it is at the FFL waiting for NICS to go through (OMG In Bayonne). Comes with orginal sling and oiler as well. I'm posting pics when I get it.

Anyway I was going to make a topic asking about just this. I am going to Albania next summer and I was wondering how difficult and expensive transferring a firearm between countries is. Sadly it looks like it will be a huge hassle... as I guessed. Well I am going to look for surplus SKS slings, oilers, and ammo pouches as was requested of me at the SKS Boards. I know my family over there owns everything from old flintlock pistols to fully automatic ak-47s but they are from the Kosovo war and hardly legal lol

Full Auto AK's? Hey!, wait...can you......never mind!

i need a albanian !! too bad i missed the boat !! I dont want to pay 500 for 1 

Ted

The Albanian sks's are often the best buy on gun broker even now, they are quite often never thought about and passed

over for Russian, Yugo and Chinese. The last 4 months we have been tracking all SKS sales on Survivors sks boards and the Albanians average $350.00 to $425.00 for good to very good condition rifles. They get very little thought and respect in

the SKS world. With a bit of time and digging you can defiantly still get one on the cheap even cheaper then they were before all the gun BS.

To the OP regarding importing, it's not going to happen even if you contact a US importer.

Surplus rifles have specific regulations regarding importation and have to typically be stored in a 3rd party country

for a specific amount of years before coming in. If this were possible we would be bringing in the $200.00 non refurb Russians

from Canada every day along with $99.00 surplus ammunition tins. Your wife is more likely going to end up on next seasons

Locked up abroad if she tries to do this any of the ways mentioned above.

To the OP regarding importing, it's not going to happen even if you contact a US importer.

Surplus rifles have specific regulations regarding importation and have to typically be stored in a 3rd party country

for a specific amount of years before coming in. If this were possible we would be bringing in the $200.00 non refurb Russians

from Canada every day along with $99.00 surplus ammunition tins. Your wife is more likely going to end up on next seasons

Locked up abroad if she tries to do this any of the ways mentioned above.

LOL, we watch Lock Up every weekend. I just told her the other day that there was a good chance I would see her on there so we should forget the whole idea. Thanks for the info