Wolfjon

9mm opinions for my wife

I'm going to retract my G19 recommendation. I love Glocks, and all my others work flawlessly. The G19 however, is plagued with the same ejection problems so many others are having. I just spent $100 with shipping on after market parts to fix a brand new gun. I just put an Apex extractor and new ejector in it tonight. We will see if it worked tomorrow...

my wife is shopping for a 1911 9 millimeter. But she loves the feel of my CZ 75 BD. Try to find one used on Gunbroker and ask if they can keep the magazines for a reduced price. Then find some 15 round magazine. CDNN usually has them.

I would recommend the walther ppq m2 in 9mm. If i was going to get one for my wife i would put a laser on the rail and teach her to point and shoot. She would never spend a lot of time at the range so i think a laser would some how make it easier for her to use in self defense. The ppq has 3 sizes of back strap also, so its nice for small hands and feels and shoots great.

Be aware that a laser is not a substitute for practicing accurate shooting. Improper trigger control is the biggest culprit for why people miss their shots, not sight alignment. A gun can be perfectly zeroed to a laser dot at any given distance, but the person behind the gun still has to pull the trigger back without jerking it for the bullet to impact where the dot was placed. There is no way around this...you must still practice the fundamentals.

Headin up to RTSP tonight to do some shooting... Not sure if her friend is coming again with some of his 9's but we should be there sometime between 6-8.

Thanks for all of the opinions but like it was just said Practice practice practice.. we are both joining Cherry ridge too and plan on shooting together so this way we can get better in general.

I have an italian made beretta 92FS for sale if you're interested. Its in the marketplace.

She might not like the sa/da trigger, but it sure shoots smooth and easy.

My friend also has the beretta I have been trying to talk him into meeting at the range to try it out.

Thanks,