mattio41

"Assault Umbrellas" - I am not Joking

HAHAHAHAHA, I am ordering one of these, simply for the novelty... But you have to believe this would be to much fun, if we all marched on Trenton with our "Assault Umbrellas"

ff5595e3-80fb-4eb2-bd1d-ae8da64db178_zps

http://www.dhgate.com/new-novelty-umbrella-gun-umbrella-outdoor/p-ff8080812ec348db012ec6b47f7c31df.html

It started with a frantic call to NJ Transit about a man carrying an assault rifle, and it ended with police finding the man and discovering he was carrying something far less deadly.

An umbrella.

At about 8 a.m. today, a NJ Transit customer phoned the agency’s tip line to say there was a man boarding the Liberty State Park Light Rail station carrying what appeared to be an assault rifle.

The man was described as wearing black pants and a white dress shirt, with a cast on his arm, according to a police-scanner report.

The call sent the police forces for NJ Transit, the Port Authority and Jersey City into a frenzy, NJ Transit spokesman John Durso Jr. said.

Authorities found the man, who was on his way to Exchange Place, on the train and discovered his alleged gun was an ordinary, dark-colored umbrella, according to Durso.

Still, NJ Transit doesn’t want passengers to refrain from calling police just because of this one false alarm.

"We are so grateful for the continued vigilance of the public and NJ Transit customers," Durso said. "Even though this did not turn out to be something, we still encourage people to see it and say it."

This was last night.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

It started with a frantic call to NJ Transit about a man carrying an assault rifle, and it ended with police finding the man and discovering he was carrying something far less deadly.

An umbrella.

At about 8 a.m. today, a NJ Transit customer phoned the agency’s tip line to say there was a man boarding the Liberty State Park Light Rail station carrying what appeared to be an assault rifle.

The man was described as wearing black pants and a white dress shirt, with a cast on his arm, according to a police-scanner report.

The call sent the police forces for NJ Transit, the Port Authority and Jersey City into a frenzy, NJ Transit spokesman John Durso Jr. said.

Authorities found the man, who was on his way to Exchange Place, on the train and discovered his alleged gun was an ordinary, dark-colored umbrella, according to Durso.

Still, NJ Transit doesn’t want passengers to refrain from calling police just because of this one false alarm.

"We are so grateful for the continued vigilance of the public and NJ Transit customers," Durso said. "Even though this did not turn out to be something, we still encourage people to see it and say it."

This was last night.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

Somebody posted in the comments section the link, that is how I found it. This is almost as good as my "Assault Rifle" Banana Holder !!!

ar-banana-holder.jpg

i honestly think its a bad idea. Its like walking around with a fake gun without the orange tip on the end, nothing good can come of it.

There is nothing good about this other then the fun of it. But in response to the woman who called the police about what she thought was a man carrying an assault rifle onto the train this morning, turned out it was only a regular umbrella...

BUTTTT wouldn't it be fun at our next rally to have everybody sling on an "Assault Umbrella" in protest.... Think of the photo op... Hahahahhaahahah