2 trip_nick

911 Dispatcher Tells Woman About To Be Sexually Assaulted There Are No Cops To Help Her Due To Budget Cuts

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2013/05/23/911-dispatcher-tells-woman-about-to-be-sexually-assaulted-there-are-no-cops-to-help-her-due-to-budget-cuts/

I believe this story was headlined to try and get people to vote to raise taxes for services but it backfired.  Instead, it's one of the best arguments I've seen for a having pd weapon.

My favorite line: "Is there anyone you can call to come over and help you?"

I always thought that would be the police.

They voted to reduce their SO to save taxes, assuming that the State police would take up the slack.   If you dont HAVE anyone to send there isnt much you can do.

It is hard to believe this was real life..  unbelievable that their can be so many incompetent people in this surrounding area. 

They need to hire a few mare andy's and less barney's...

I found a portfolio of their sheriffs  dept.. Funny how they all look alike,,

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=barney+fife&qpvt=barney+fife&FORM=IGRE

It is hard to believe this was real life..  unbelievable that their can be so many incompetent people in this surrounding area. 

They need to hire a few mare andy's and less barney's...

I found a portfolio of their sheriffs  dept.. Funny how they all look alike,,

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=barney+fife&qpvt=barney+fife&FORM=IGRE

Where's the incompetence Tony???  Once again if they dont HAVE the Bodies, who do you send?  We get WAY too used to what amounts to instant response here.  In MOST of the country the wait time for Police response is upwards of 30 Minutes for an emergency call, when you have one or two deputies working an entire county, this is the stuff that happens

Where's the incompetence Tony???  Once again if they dont HAVE the Bodies, who do you send?  We get WAY too used to what amounts to instant response here.  In MOST of the country the wait time for Police response is upwards of 30 Minutes for an emergency call, when you have one or two deputies working an entire county, this is the stuff that happens

Who was on duty and what were they doing, i am thinking someone should have been released from a lesser crime to head this one off. but hey thats just me.. I guess common sense does not prevail. I would really like to know what was being attended to by on duty personnel ?

You do not hear any attempt do dispatch anyone,  not even ask who was available can they stop what their doing to save this woman..

Have you ever heard that come over your radio ?

I know cops that have mailed tickets to people or let them go because more important call came over the radio!!!

The calls need to be prioritized in order of importancey, so if that means leaving one to go to another that needs to be done  and return back to the other calls..

They voted to reduce their SO to save taxes, assuming that the State police would take up the slack.   If you dont HAVE anyone to send there isnt much you can do.

Ok, how about this: if a sheriff's officer got on the radio and said he was getting his ass kicked, how long would it take help to show up? Would there be more priority in that case?

My problem hear is with the dispatcher, i am thinking because this was her X  the dispatcher blew her off..

The dispatcher never even asked if anyone could stop what they were doing to take this call !! 

I am thinking if the on duty patrol knew what was going on this would have gone in a different direction..

Kind of hard to send someone if theres no one local to send.

Oregon Public Radio reports that an unidentified woman called 911 during a weekend in August 2012 while Michael Bellah was breaking into her place. Her call was forwarded to Oregon State Police because of lay-offs at the Josephine County Sheriff’s Office only allows the department to be open Monday through Friday.

Kind of hard to send someone if theres no one local to send.

You have someone on call.. Once again incompetency.. if you know you are closed sat and sunday arrange for state police to cover   High level calls..

And if that was the case how come another officer called in and talked to dispatch that he was due to go on at 8:00 am to 6:00pm  @ 33.59 on the recording  ? And asked if their was something he needed to attend to at the residence where they finally dispatched a car too after the neighbor beat it into their heads that she was beaten and raped after they failed to send someone out?

And dispatch seems to think it is ok to laugh about it while talking to Marcus.. 

Go to 33.59

https://soundcloud.com/opbnews-1/051513dispatchjosephinecoat-2