Sig226GuyNJ

900 RPM AR CIVILIAN LEGAL!

Most AR pistols are illegal in NJ.  (due to weight)

a Stock on an AR pistol is an SBR in any other state.

Btw, did shoot these slide fire bumper fire stocks, and while they are cool... the novelty wore off very quickly.

Most AR pistols are illegal in NJ.  (due to weight)

a Stock on an AR pistol is an SBR in any other state.

Btw, did shoot these slide fire bumper fire stocks, and while they are cool... the novelty wore off very quickly.

Thanks for the answers. If one were to find one with under the weigh limit, and put on a cheek weld instead of a stock, it could technically be legal, no? Were you able to get any kind of accuracy from the slide fire bump stock?

Something like this, is apparently not considered a SBR b/c of the cheek weld or saddle I guess it's called on it. HE ever showed us a letter from the Dept of Justice saying it's GTG. I would love to build something like this.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=475775

too heavy in NJ.. but that is similar to my AR now until the tax stamp comes and I can put the stock on it.. 

there is a letter floating around that clarifies those saddles are NOT stocks.. 

and some are not.

Joni, I do have another question, and will have to look more into, the legally of putting together a Pistol AR...

Don't recall from what dealer, but something in the Law, stating that pistol, lower receiver, since lower is not firearm, putting together your own AR pistol was in turn manufacturing a Pistol.

This was something recent.

Joni, I do have another question, and will have to look more into, the legally of putting together a Pistol AR...

Don't recall from what dealer, but something in the Law, stating that pistol, lower receiver, since lower is not firearm, putting together your own AR pistol was in turn manufacturing a Pistol.

This was something recent.

Paul mentioned something about this before... and something about the way it is transferred to you... 

I think in NJ.. if you built one under weight with NO rail or handguard of any sort.. you would likely be OK.. but probably easier just to keep an eye open for the carbon.. not sure how else you would get under weight.. 

This stock on a AR pistol would be illegal in NJ correct? Since we can put stocks on AR pistols..

Has anyone shot an AR with this stock before? If so, how accurate is it?

Well that would be a fun way to spend approx 450 bucks a minute. Too rich for my blood.

Maks and Vlad,

Here in NJ, you need to use a PPP to acquire a lower that you will use to assemble a handgun.

You can assemble it as a jersey-legal long gun or a jersey-legal handgun.

You can even reassemble the long gun back into a handgun if you choose, because the lower is registered (top copy of PPP) as a handgun.

You can't legally do the opposite.  A lower that is NOT acquired as a handgun cannot be legally assembled into a handgun. You can only legally assemble it as a long gun.

Handguns DO NOT have shoulder stocks. Short-barrelled rifles (SBR) do, but they're not legally available to us in the PRNJ.

Carbon or Poly are the only way to make weight (50 oz max as manufactured) short of dangerously swiss-cheesing a metal setup.

The lightweight upper/barrel/BCG is the Bushmaster way-to-go in jersey-legal AR pistols.

With most parts in short supply these days, and Bushmaster's Carbon-15 offerings cut back in recent years, finding the makings of an upper that will allow you to make weight in jersey is a tough one.  There was one here on the forum a couple of months ago, but it's now parked in a friend's safe until he has time to build it up.

If you really really want a jersey-legal AR pistol, buy a New Frontier lower with a PPP and find someone elsewhere in Amerika with a Bushmaster Carbon15 AR pistol who will sell you the complete upper plus the buffer tube with the full-length center pin, skinny spring, non-standard (short) buffer and bolt carrier. He keeps the rest of the lower, and no firearms have changed hands.

That upper needs to be stripped of its handguards and any other barrel shroud, plus its threaded muzzle (if any) before assembling it onto the pistol lower.

Please excuse my ignorance as I admittedly am not up to speed on AR pistols in NJ and the nuances of staying legal.  There's obviously some kind of weight ceiling.  What is it?  What about OAL?  Would something like this be NJ legal once the compensator was pinned to the barrel?

In addition to permanently attaching the muzzle brake (to negate the presence of a threaded barrel), ALL the barrel shrouding material (handguards, free float, etc) need to be removed.

The 50oz weight limit (as manufactured, no magazine) is already not an issue with the EXP

There is no restriction on OAL, just weight.

The only 'Evil Feature' you should be left with is accepting a magazine outside the pistol grip.

In addition to permanently attaching the muzzle brake (to negate the presence of a threaded barrel), ALL the barrel shrouding material (handguards, free float, etc) need to be removed.

The 50oz weight limit (as manufactured, no magazine) is already not an issue with the EXP

There is no restriction on OAL, just weight.

The only 'Evil Feature' you should be left with is accepting a magazine outside the pistol grip.

Dang, that's pretty wild.  Thanks for the info.

Does anyone want to bring in an EXTAR exp for me and remove that hand guard. It only takes two bolts. It's under the 50oz has a muzzle brake but has a remove able hand guard.

Any ffls ok with this?

Now that Paul is closed, I think your best bet might be for Ty (MidwestPX) to get one, do all the mods, then ship to an agreeable NJ FFL for the final transfer.

Any in-state forum vendors up for it??

eta: From the pix on their site, and my experience with the ProOrd and Bushy AR pistols, it looks like even after the muzzle brake is welded on, there is still enough room to loosen the front sight base / gas block and slide it forward far enough to clear the end of the gas tube for future work if necessary.

And the joy is that before the brake is permanently affixed, the complete free float assembly and handguards can easily be removed off the muzzle end.

Edited by njJoniGuy