NJGunGuy

Natchez - Reliable?

I got lucky today and put in an order for 22LR just before all of it went out-of-stock.  I don't know how long it was available online, but after I received the confirmation email, I hit refresh and it was ALL out except for one box of the expensive stuff.  Overall, I averaged about $0.09/rd (shipped) which I think is pretty good (not great) in today's market.

With that in mind, how is Natchez with fulfilling orders?  I hit their 10box max on a few items and after hearing many stories about guys having their orders cancelled (not necessarily from Natchez) it certainly has my interest peaked.

Overall thoughts regarding this company?

Yup... I've order from them a couple of time as well.  The only issue I've had is with shipping cost.

That's good news.

For one box, I was blown away at high it was.  However, when I added a lot of boxes to my order, the shipping cost barely moved.  Especially for 22LR's, I can see how shipping can easily destroy any reason why you'd want to complete an order if it was just for a box or two.

Take a look at this post about Natchez customer service. Their prices many have climbed, who's hasn't? But they do take care of their customers, at least in this post they did.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/57125-ammo-stolen/

Thanks Neahs for posting this....pretty impressive customer service, stepped up quickly to help the guy out.

I have a long history of doing business wiht Natchez Shooters Supply and they have had a perfect track record with me.

Back before the ammo-run, they typically had some of the better prices on the internet.  But, you still need to shop around. 

I highly recommend them. 

I ordered some 22lr a few weeks ago.  The price on the ammo wasnt' bad but the 1 box per order kills you when you have to add as much shipping as the ammo cost.

Arrived intact and within a few days.  I'd order again when the 1 box per order limit is lifted.

They are great.  I ordered a clay thrower from them that was supposed to be in stock.  It was not.  They wound up giving me the next machine up for the same price after I waited a month for the one I paid for.  Basically, they told me they could not tell me when I would get it so they made me the offer.  I took it and have spent thousands of dollars with them since.

My only beef with them is that sometimes they will sell more than they have.  This results in a lot of orders being canceled.  I was told that this is because they have orders coming in faster than the computer can adjust inventory.  Also, the shooing cart checkout will have a lot of people checking out after the stock has been depleted.  I have had this happen to me from other retailers also so I believe the problem is not isolated to just them.  Todays ammo buying frenzy has overwhelmed a lot of retailers e-commerce capabilities.

Ken

Ordered several boxes in the past..before the craze and they were always reliable.. Now they've gotten a little greedy with shipping costs..

Yup... I've order from them a couple of time as well.  The only issue I've had is with shipping cost.

This. Bought several times form them without any issues

I ordered some 22lr a few weeks ago.  The price on the ammo wasnt' bad but the 1 box per order kills you when you have to add as much shipping as the ammo cost.

Arrived intact and within a few days.  I'd order again when the 1 box per order limit is lifted.

Today they had a 10 box limit PER item.  So if "xyz" manufacturer had x3 different types of ammo in 22LR, you were able to order 30 boxes.  And then you could order another manufacturers ammo....it was essentially a free-for-all.  All under the same shipping cost, which was only $22 after I stacked it up.

So, they either had a big coding error today, or they're starting to reduce their limits on ammo. 

I checked a few other places today and noone really had anything in bulk, so I think I finally got one of those "lucky" days.

I think Grafs still has the lowest shipping/handling fee out of all the suppliers but their prices are adjusted accordingly.

Overall, I've been able to get the lowest total cost for things with MidSouth.

If grafs has the ammo in stock and on sale, you can get some great prices shipped.

In terms of their shipping prices, I hope they include a bottle of lube with your order.

That's only on the first box....the price barely moves even if you order 50+ boxes.

The hard part with the shortage is getting in an order big enough to cover the shipping.  Otherwise, their prices on 22LR are pretty good compared to most.

Natchez is a good company for consumables but if you are buying equipment, you only have two weeks to make a return if you don't like the purchase. Recently, I returned a 300.00 Sartorius electronic scale to Sinclair/Brownell's using their lifetime satisfaction guarantee after having for a year and a half. No questions asked. It added so much time to reloading it wasn't worth it. I only used it once and then it sat on the shelf.