Shawnmoore81

Machine gun arrest in Glassboro

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2013/06/glassboro_police_16-year-old_had_assault_weapon_after_argument.html

These sound like some upstanding citizens. I'm sure they have their fid and class 3 licensing and this is all just a big misunderstanding.

How long til she flips on them?

GLASSBORO — Police on Monday arrested a teenage girl accused of trying to hide an assault firearm following an altercation at an apartment complex.

The 16-year-old, whom police did not identify because she’s a juvenile, now faces several weapons charges, among others.

Officers were dispatched around 3:30 p.m. to the Whitney Crescent apartment complex on a report that two males were arguing. One had displayed a gun, they were told.

As officers checked an apartment, police said, two males ran from the back of the unit and into a wooded area between the complex and the Elsmere development.

Police said they gave chase and caught one of them — 21-year-old Derreck Robinson of Galloway Township. They checked inside the apartment, where they reported finding another man, 20-year-old Xavier Clark of Egg Harbor Township, hiding under a bed.

The 16-year-old left the apartment with a book bag, police said, and started walking toward Elsmere. Officers alleged they saw her try to hide behind a Dumpster on Roosevelt Lane.

When they confronted her, she surrendered the backpack containing an Intra-Tec 9 mm assault weapon, police said.

The teen was charged with possession of an assault weapon, possession of a defaced weapon, possession of a machine gun and attempt to destroy evidence. She was committed to the Camden County Juvenile Detention facility.

Robinson was charged with obstruction of justice, hindering apprehension, resisting arrest and attempted escape. He was jailed in default of $10,000 bail.

Clark was charged with obstruction of justice and hindering apprehension and was jailed in default of $10,000 bail.

thought just hit me.

what would be the result if someone paraded articles like these to our fearless leaders, asking them to show us which of their laws would have prevented this?

They'd probably say.. "Yep you're right! We need to come up with more laws!"

I'm guessing the Tec-9 was Full Auto........??????

That is what the charges would seem to indicate, but considering the DC-9 was manufactured as a semi-auto, I have my suspicions. I'm thinking that the police haven't actually tested to see if it was FA yet and made a mistake. Looks can be deceiving. 

All back on the street in no time. This is problem number 1

I really do feel bad for you cops. And I'm being serious as a heart attack. These cops could have walked into a lot worse and there really is a good chance these guys will be out in no time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

All back on the street in no time. This is problem number 1

and that sir is a very large part of why i could never do your job, and honestly don't know how you guys deal with it........and

i do appreciate what you do though.

I really do feel bad for you cops. And I'm being serious as a heart attack. These cops could have walked into a lot worse and there really is a good chance these guys will be out in no time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

And will do it again

and again

and again

and again

until they finally get in a firefight and lose - and then we the taxpayer will end up spending money both prosecuting AND defending these "fine upstanding members of society".

That is what the charges would seem to indicate, but considering the DC-9 was manufactured as a semi-auto, I have my suspicions. I'm thinking that the police haven't actually tested to see if it was FA yet and made a mistake. Looks can be deceiving. 

It doesnt exactly take an engineering degree to function-check a firearm to see if it's FA or not.

thought just hit me.

what would be the result if someone paraded articles like these to our fearless leaders, asking them to show us which of their laws would have prevented this?

You're trying to use logic with people that have an agenda and absolutely no interest in rational thought.