EWC88

Today is a very sad day...

Thank you everyone, all the kind words mean a lot to me and my family. It is rough and probably will be rough for a long time, I just keep trying stay strong for everyone else.

We won't be getting another pet for sometime, usually we wait a couple months, but we will be for sure rescuing a dog or two from the pound. All of our pets are always rescues, I always help save their lives.

Once again thank you everyone, you guys are great.

I am so sorry for your loss. Dogs are truly God's gift to us, no other creature can love us as unconditionally.

I share your pain, having been there several times myself. It never gets easier, but the pain you feel is lessened when you welcome a new rescue dog (for me) into the family.

Sorry for your loss. My Sheperd had stomach cancer and went so fast. She was only 7. It tore me up bad. But a few years later my family surprised me with my best friend. Another Sheperd named Dozer aka big stupid because he walks into everything. Thinks he is the size of a lap dog. But he's 8 now and everytime he gets sick or throws up from running to much or rolling in the grass I go into full panic mode.

I am sorry for your sadness.  The times when I lost my four-legged friend, I as  ble to get through it by realizing that there was no more suffering...

I have found a little comfort in a poem by Wendell Berry as it touched on a spiritual stillness.

The Eager Dog Lies Strange and Still

The eager dog lies strange and still who roamed the woods with me; Then while I stood or climbed the hill Or sat under a tree,

Awaiting what more time might say, He thrashed in undergrowth, Pursuing what he scared away, Made ruckus for us both.

He's dead; I go more quiet now, Stillness added to me By time and sorrow,