dh-wp

Some one at UPS needed ammo more than me

Labeling is set to change

old ORM-D “Cartridges, Small Arms” labels until December 31, 2013. As of January 1, 2014 you MUST use the Striped Diamonds ,no more small arms written on the labels.

Mine was simply labeled with a SHARPIE marker "ORM-D"

Not stolen but badly damaged package. Opened it on receipt with UPS guy and saw a handful missing. We found a few on the truck but still were 6 missing.I didnt care but was just concerned about strays being who knows where, UPS guy said F-it dont woirry so thats that.

I've had something like this happen too -- .45 bulk packs so GOK how many and where they went.

I spent some time in the front yard on my hands and knees because the last thing I want is some kid finding one. Didn't find any. So for my next order from Cabela's, I also ordered an ammo box (it was $8.95 on sale!) and of course they shipped the empty ammo box separately from the ammo. You can't win at this game, can you?

I was a supervisor at the Parsippany Hub and worked there for 11 yrs before I moved on, Should have stayed there, but I was young... LP was all over that place. At least there, pilferage was never a problem.

My intent was not really to bash UPS, but with all the automation at the sort facilities, it would be interesting to see the lost and found bin :)

This is not the first time I have gotten ammo via UPS and most certainly won't be the last, so hopefully this is just an isolated incident. I believe it is.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I was a supervisor at the Parsippany Hub and worked there for 11 yrs before I moved on, Should have stayed there, but I was young... LP was all over that place. At least there, pilferage was never a problem.

That's probably because in the early 90's they a bout of handguns getting stolen out of that place. Some of the loaders had figured out what companies were gun distibutors and were tossing the packages on top of the trucks and would then have an accomplice follow them out of there and wait for the packages to fall of the the truck. Most of the stollen handguns turned up in Newark. Nowadays they have a large brush that the trucks drive under as they leave the terminal to keep this method of theft from happening.

That's probably because in the early 90's they a bout of handguns getting stolen out of that place. Some of the loaders had figured out what companies were gun distibutors and were tossing the packages on top of the trucks and would then have an accomplice follow them out of there and wait for the packages to fall of the the truck. Most of the stollen handguns turned up in Newark. Nowadays they have a large brush that the trucks drive under as they leave the terminal to keep this method of theft from happening.

I always thought that brush was for snow removal, well dual purpose i guess.

Labeling is set to change

old ORM-D “Cartridges, Small Arms” labels until December 31, 2013. As of January 1, 2014 you MUST use the Striped Diamonds ,no more small arms written on the labels.

I actually just got a box like this from Grafs. I don't think it has anything involving ORM-D on it, just the white/black diamond. 

My packages also come from UPS sorting facility in Lawnside. I've never had a problem and in fact my UPS guy is pretty cool.