Sign in to follow this  
Alex V

High End Optics in Nj?

Does anyone carry high end optics in Nj?

I am looking at either the S&B PMII 5-25 MSR, Steiner Military 5-25 MSR or the Kahles 624i (soon to release their MSR)

I'm finding it hard to spend $3k+ without holding it in my hand, feeling the clicks as looking through the glass.

Does anyone carry these guys in NJ?

I work in NYC and was thinking of checking out B&H since they carry them on the website but it does not appear that they have them in the store based on the delivery times quotes on the site, could be wrong, may have to give em a call.

I rember going to a King of Prussia gun show and seeing the NF 2.5-10x32 before I bought one but I don't rember seeing SB/Steiner/Kahles (though this was before Steiner and Kahles started making these scopes again)

I know EuroOptic is in PA, but I couldn't figure out of they had a storefront or not. Might have to call 'em. I think they may offer a Hide discount lol.

Thanks for the heads up guys. Its impossible to find much of anything worth while in NJ I know, but one can also save on taxes buying online. Just hate paying for something that expensive sight-unseen.

I dont know of a one stop shop for high end glass in NJ. What range do you shoot at? Currently I have a hensoldt 4-16 and a USO 5-25 in the stable . I hooked Tactical Monkey up with a Steiner 5-25. If fortune would have it that we shoot at some of the same ranges, you could get some hands on. But IMO it would be hard to go wrong with the Steiner, Kahles or S&B. I actually would like to try a Kahles myself! Its one I havent owned yet.

I was going to recommend Euro Optic too.  Several things, I just dealt with them and they are amazing.  I just made a 4 figure purchase and believe you me I did a ton of back and forth of what-who-where etc. and when I dealt with them, at the jump it was perfect.  Very nice very good stuff and good prices.

I got a new stock from them , was great.  I first dealt with them in like late March or early April.  I had decide on a AICS Stock for my 700 (having already decided on a HS Precision M24, a McMillian HTG M40, a B&C Tac/Varm, THEN the AICS) but NO ONE Had them.  I called AICS Corporate and struck up a nice convo, the guy said, just call Euro Optic, they'll sell you one ( They didn't have them either, no one and I mean no one had what I wanted.)  When the came back in stock I had changed my mind, finally decided to pull a trigger on a different one today, and its coming tomorrow.  Bec. Montoursville is close enough to Jersey, FedEx Ground is doing it overnight, even tho it's just their cheapest serv. AND they deliver on Saturday, AND Euro Optic offers free shipping over $500 (and almost all their stuff is easy over 500 lol).

I am happy with my optic, I could have bought a $1500-2000 one in the fall, I chose not to, and gave my father an amazing Christmas present of a S12/17 magazines/ammo/etc.  Bought me a value optic I guess.  BUT MAYBE, someday I decide to stp itup, I'd go to Euro Optic...  Heck maybe even drive out there to see it, it's not CLOSE but you hav e a point, $2500+ you might want to test it, see if you like the reticle/look/etc.

Anyway, Big big recommend for Euro Optic.

Since you work in Manhattan, check out Camera Land Inc on Lexington Ave some time. They sell and STOCK a LOT of rifle scopes there, including some of the ones you're interested in. I dont think they will have all 3, but you may be able to at least check out 1 or 2 from your list. I bought a high end Vortex from them and they were excellent to deal with, know the optics fairly well and have no problem haggling down a bit off msrp. Definitely worth a shot if you're already in the neighborhood.

Bump!  A quick search of High Point Scientific, in Montague NJ, shows that they sell Swarovski.  Give them a call, I think they had more than that last time I was there, it was a while ago.

I could be wrong, but I thought that High Point Scientific was pretty much an astronomy shop... telescopes and binoculars.  I've bought a few telescopes from them before and been in their showroom a few times... but it's been at least 3 or 4 yrs since I last visited.

I could be wrong, but I thought that High Point Scientific was pretty much an astronomy shop... telescopes and binoculars.  I've bought a few telescopes from them before and been in their showroom a few times... but it's been at least 3 or 4 yrs since I last visited.

Yes, they are mainly telescopes and bino's, but I recall seeing a few rifle scopes in the showroom, and a quick search on their site showed Swarovski rifle scopes.

Since you work in Manhattan, check out Camera Land Inc on Lexington Ave some time. They sell and STOCK a LOT of rifle scopes there, including some of the ones you're interested in. I dont think they will have all 3, but you may be able to at least check out 1 or 2 from your list. I bought a high end Vortex from them and they were excellent to deal with, know the optics fairly well and have no problem haggling down a bit off msrp. Definitely worth a shot if you're already in the neighborhood.

DUDE!

I could kiss u! (no homo)

I am on Lex as well, these guys are 10 blocks away.  Im there!

They have a open box Steiner 5-25MSR for $2500!  I can check it out and order online to save on Tax!

Freakin' awesome!

You da man!

DUDE!

I could kiss u! (no homo)

I am on Lex as well, these guys are 10 blocks away.  Im there!

They have a open box Steiner 5-25MSR for $2500!  I can check it out and order online to save on Tax!

Freakin' awesome!

You da man!

Nice! glad to be of help.