Sign in to follow this  
302w

Kovalchuk.

Dont fight guys.. the isles will be ahead of both of you guys soon enough :onthequiet: with our young guys playing well, tons of cap space, a new home coming and no more ridiculous contracts!

In all honesty though, rangers and flyers cant do much with their cap situations. If rangers dont win it all this year theyre gonna lose some of there big name guys with a lot of guys up as free agents next year (including henrik). Devils may have a tough year or two but every team goes through it and now theyll have plenty of cap space for the future. I just wana see the pens take a back seat to someone. Lets go JT91!

Gonna be a tough year for everyone with the new division and competition.

I agree with your assessment of the Islanders.  They have a much greater chance to make a run than the devs (bleh).  I don't know what guys you mean the Rangers will lose.  We locked up McD, Stepan soon most likely, and have Hags to look at for 2 more years.  Henrik **may** leave but i don't see it happening. Nash still has plenty of time left, Richards can be bought out next year to clear cap space for free agents and rfa's like brassard and krieder.  Girardi and Staal have a little time left. The rest of the team is basically spare parts that we can fill in with prospects/fa's

As for the Isles...

I really like to root for them, when they're not playing the Devs. I just don't want them to win a Cup because there will be a zillion bandwagoners.

I think shedding this contract will help with that.  I hope (or maybe not so much) that they don't go the 2000's Islanders route of trying to stay just above the cap floor while putting out a crappy product.  Only difference is I don't think there are enough real devil fans to support the team until they break out of it. 

That's been the Islanders plan since....hmmm.... 1993 is as far back as I remember. Maybe longer. They suck the money out of that team and put nothing back in. Hell even their arena is falling apart and they just put duct tape on the cracked concrete pillars.

Interview with his mother:

Is it true his salary was delayed by the Devils? [ed.: The question is unclear as it may be interpreted a number of ways]

“Yes, it happened. Now, after the lockout, there are a lot of restrictions at all teams. They are also underpaid 20% [of their salary]. The League takes it as an escrow that may not be paid back if the NHL does not make profit. And then there’s government tax of 50%. That means on paper you are being paid $10 million a year, but in reality only 3. So the pendulum swung for Russia."

I wouldn't be happy about giving them half my $ either. Rumor is he will make alot more playing for SKA.

That's been the Islanders plan since....hmmm.... 1993 is as far back as I remember. Maybe longer. They suck the money out of that team and put nothing back in. Hell even their arena is falling apart and they just put duct tape on the cracked concrete pillars.

They are playing in Brooklyn at Barclay's for now on.

yea thats reasonable all teams that suck have 3 stanley cups. your smart. and for only being here 31 years we only have 1 cup less then the rangers do in almost 100 years lololol wow the rangers suck!

Whoa buddy, how about you just slow down and actually read what I wrote. I didn't say jack about cups. The Isles haven't been around long either and they have more cups than both the Devs and Rags, as well as one of the few dynasty teams. However, they have sucked for a long time up until just recently getting a bit better. The Devs sucked major ass for many years which was my point relating to many NJ people rooting for out of state team. If you actually read what I wrote instead of what you wanted to argue against you would see that. 

Rags suck and Flyers swallow? Really? Are you in HS? 

Dont fight guys.. the isles will be ahead of both of you guys soon enough :onthequiet: with our young guys playing well, tons of cap space, a new home coming and no more ridiculous contracts!

In all honesty though, rangers and flyers cant do much with their cap situations. If rangers dont win it all this year theyre gonna lose some of there big name guys with a lot of guys up as free agents next year (including henrik). Devils may have a tough year or two but every team goes through it and now theyll have plenty of cap space for the future. I just wana see the pens take a back seat to someone. Lets go JT91!

Gonna be a tough year for everyone with the new division and competition.

Yes, Isles are definitely shaping up. Going to Barclays could help too if they try to pick up some FAs in the future. When you see guys who didn't want to go there in the first place resign that says good things about an organization.

As I said before, bad for the immediate future better in the long run. The Isles time is coming. The Flyers are a scoring machine, but have nothing behind the forwards. At some point they have to realize it's the goaltending coach, or the system. I believe the Flyers woes will continue until they realize it, and do something to rectify it. The Rangers, who knows. I want to say they made the right moves towards becoming successful, but I've thought that so many times before, and have been wrong. Eh, in any case, next year will be interesting with the realigned division. Hell, I'd be up for a NJGF hockey night at a local pub, regardless of who you root for.

Flyers have not been able to draft and bring up through the their system a "decent" defensemen since Joni Pikaten (spelling)

The team's defensive corp have mostly been obtained through trades and free agency.

Their inability to draft someone has hurt the team for years. (goalies included)

The Islanders have had some very good to great players and they were all traded away in some ridiculous deal by douche Mike Milbury.

I enjoyed watching the Islanders before he gutted the teams.

I said it before, I just don't see the devils pushing in a clear direction. They waited until the last possible second to get a goalie after he falls into their lap. They are having real trouble recently keeping their top players. Haven't seen much out of their drafts lately aside from a good season by henrique and potential from larsson. Not to mention having to lose a first round (perhaps lottery) pick.

Islanders now need a legitimate goalie. Nabby is older and inconsistent. He just never seems to make the big save. Also agree with Ron on how the Flyers need to focus on their farm system, but does giroux and co have time to wait that all out?

I said it before, I just don't see the devils pushing in a clear direction. They waited until the last possible second to get a goalie after he falls into their lap. They are having real trouble recently keeping their top players. Haven't seen much out of their drafts lately aside from a good season by henrique and potential from larsson. Not to mention having to lose a first round (perhaps lottery) pick.

Islanders now need a legitimate goalie. Nabby is older and inconsistent. He just never seems to make the big save. Also agree with Ron on how the Flyers need to focus on their farm system, but does giroux and co have time to wait that all out?

Isles, Flyers and Penguins all need new men in net. And as soon as Marty retires the Devils will be in that boat too. You can't win a cup without an excellent goalie no matter who you have playing in front of them. The highest scoring team in the league (Penguins) only managed to score 2 goals in 4 games in their abrupt departure from the playoffs.

Uh, devils will be fine. Henrique, Larsson, Merril, and Bouche are all very good for the future. Schneiders signing will prove to be great. Acquiring Ryder was good, Olesz might be a steal, and we're closing in on Brunner.While we may not have all star defense like in the past, we never were a superstar lead team, and still have decent defense, and zidlicky who can add scoring..watch us make the playoffs without the wild card.

Uh, devils will be fine. Henrique, Larsson, Merril, and Bouche are all very good for the future. Schneiders signing will prove to be great. Acquiring Ryder was good, Olesz might be a steal, and we're closing in on Brunner.While we may not have all star defense like in the past, we never were a superstar lead team, and still have decent defense, and zidlicky who can add scoring..watch us make the playoffs without the wild card.

You're calling it now, that the devils will win their division?

No, I'm calling the Devils are top 3 in the division, because that's what it takes to get a playoff birth without the wild card, in the new conference alignment.

Fair enough, I forgot about the new alignment.  I can see 5-maybe 6 teams finishing ahead of them. 

Fair enough, I forgot about the new alignment. I can see 5-maybe 6 teams finishing ahead of them.

Definitely possible....that's hockey. I don't see Rangers, Jackets, Canes, or Isles making it. Sorry, but that's my gut. I also called the Devils missing the playoffs this year.

If there's anything I've learned about the Devils, it's that they are incredibly resilient as an organization. Lamorillo is pretty much a genius. Good players that leave the club typically decline in output after leaving. I attribute that to Lou and how well he works with the players to improve and buy into their system.

Schneider will do great for Devils once Marty retires.

Flyers were a couple of saves away from possibly winning cup in 2010 with shitty goaltending.

Team (Flyers) needs to get better and younger on blueline and once and for all figure out who is going to play net.

Flyers have had no "consistent" goalie since Hextall. I was actually hoping they kept Byrz for one more year.

Schneider will do great for Devils once Marty retires.

Flyers were a couple of saves away from possibly winning cup in 2010 with shitty goaltending.

Team (Flyers) needs to get better and younger on blueline and once and for all figure out who is going to play net.

Flyers have had no "consistent" goalie since Hextall. I was actually hoping they kept Byrz for one more year.

Only time will tell. Wade Redden, Scott Gomez and Brad Richards were going to do great for the Rangers but then they didn't. Iginla was the missing piece to the Pens winning the cup but then they didn't. The list goes on and on of guys who were going to do great for their new team but didn't.

Only time will tell. Wade Redden, Scott Gomez and Brad Richards were going to do great for the Rangers but then they didn't. Iginla was the missing piece to the Pens winning the cup but then they didn't. The list goes on and on of guys who were going to do great for their new team but didn't.

+1. Hes not a "proven" starter in this league